Depth Raider probe connection

This Walker terminator is a tad nicer. It has the release built right in. Billy V. showed me how to terminate it, so he gets the credit.

zoom in on the last image in the first row of pics under the ad, or use the drop down menu and add the LR-Clincher combo to your cart..... http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true

Terminating is done just as in the above post- if you look closely you can see it. Leave about 6" of cable after you terminate it with the Walker method. Strip about 1/4" and put a crimp style eye connector on it. Drill out the rivet that holds the end on and replace it with a 10/32 screw and locknut and attach the cripmed eyelet there. You can add another regular Walker release above the termination as a stacker- without crimping it down. Whenever you want to use it as a stacker just jam a toothpick in the holes and secure it to the coated cable without damaging it.

Thanks long and J.D

The only releases that i've used were cannons attached to the ball. I'm new to this D.R do i have to strip the coated cable as it goes through the walker termanator and release, and the extra 6"does that need to be striped? Also is there need to use the rubber tape they give with the walker set up. Doesn't the extra cable just wrap around the screw and get tightend on the walker release? What is the porpose of the set screw?

Sorry about the amount of questions just want to do it the right way and who better to ask than you people on this sight with all the expearance.....

Thanks every one

BILL

No need to strip the coated cable that goes through the Walker terminator. Just strip enough of the 6" tail to crimp in an eyelet (about 1/4"). That is your electrical contact. Use as much tape as you want..... I just used enough to cover the top eyelet on the probe leaving just a little exposed area for the clip to make contact.

The thumb screw on the release adjusts the tension of the release arm.

Thanks long and J.D

The only releases that i've used were cannons attached to the ball. I'm new to this D.R do i have to strip the coated cable as it goes through the walker termanator and release, and the extra 6"does that need to be striped? Also is there need to use the rubber tape they give with the walker set up. Doesn't the extra cable just wrap around the screw and get tightend on the walker release? What is the porpose of the set screw?

Sorry about the amount of questions just want to do it the right way and who better to ask than you people on this sight with all the expearance.....

Thanks every one

BILL

Yankee is that the blacks release? does that have a snap swiviel whereyou have it to the downrigger hook?

Thanks bill

That blacks clips to the probe then there is a dropper from the probe to the weight.