Interesting Misdemeanor. I thought you were the type to stand up and fight for what you are passionate about. Too many people just lay down and let things get plucked away.

Edited by GAMBLER

Seriously? There is nobody more passionate about the Lake than me....not for nothing but the LOC doesn't change the way I fish... Or even why I fish....its all about giving people a good time, and enjoying what I do.....its not about tourneys.....yes they are fun, but let's remember why we all fish.....

Sent from my VS920 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow, this is highjacking of the highest order. My post was all about water temps at the bar. All good buissnessmen use customer feedback as a tool. A vast majority seem to support big fish. To have an opinion is everyones right. The laker is

the underdog. Everyone roots for the underdog. Dont know how anyone can run charters. I run four days a week in good times. It is exhusting. Fishing with newbies doubles that feeling. I dont know how anyone can put up with people touch thier gear. Com'on you guys KINGS ROCK. Everthing else is killin time.

Catching a laker is a penalty on our boat. If you bring the slimy yellow bastards on board to crap all over the deck your assigned to the bar and grill the rest of the day. Lol. Fish on boys! The salmon will be out there in another week or two on the west end. Grind it out!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I love it mark. We got a boga for the first time last year. We call it the sheep trout tool. Grab em over the side. No net required. Pop the hook out and no slime. The biggest advantage comes in summer months. More than half of the ancle bitting flies are there to feast on laker slime.

Why don't you guys talk to the.fish doctor who won the spring loc a few years ago out of Oswego with a great king. Quit ur whining and fish the loc or not. For 30 bucks, I'll always give it a shot.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Why don't you guys talk to the.fish doctor who won the spring loc a few years ago out of Oswego with a great king. Quit ur whining and fish the loc or not. For 30 bucks, I'll always give it a shot.

No one is whining, as said before. Just stating opinions as we all have a right to do. I'm not saying I will stop fishing the LOC and I don't see anyone else saying they will stop either, but some of the rules are pretty ridiculous to anyone's standards of a fishing derby.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I'm sorry if a few people don't agree with me, and I'm very apologetic to the original poster for this thread going way off topic. However, I will stand by my words when I say that the Chinook runs this Lake, and always has. Secondly, I think trying to force the issue with Dave is wrong. It's his business, and he should be able to run it how he feels the need to.

I've seen the clown show on the river. Sure they come for nasty salmon. Ask Catch the Drift. Kevin gets more clients for steelhead and browns than kings for sure. He does double trips all the time in the winter. Why else?

Kevin is a very good friend of mine. He runs doubles just about every day during SALMON season, but once Steelhead season starts he is running 1 trip per day for the most part.

The LOC is a Trout AND Salmon derby not just a salmon derby. If all the trout divisions were taken out of the spring derby the Spring LOC would not be much of a derby at all. All the guys that fish from rochester east would not enter because the chances of finding good numbers of salmon are very slim.

For a couple decades the ESLO and LOC were built on trout AND salmon. Now we crap on the trout that have held the fishery together through the ups and downs of the salmon population. Yes the salmon are the main attraction but the trout are still sought after by a portion of the people that fish Lake Ontario.

Brian we've been friends for a long time, but I think your becoming an Obama supporter! His more government mentality, and telling business how they should run with their pro union mentality isn't right. No one should tell you directly how to run YOUR business. Your either successful or not in business, and that correlates to your business decisions.

So why are there so many charters that place browns in the spring derby from the east end? Oh that's right they must be accidentally caught salmon fishing out of the east end of the lake in 20 fow. Come in rick. You don't care about the changes because they don't affect you in a negative manner. You as a salmon fishermen benefit from doubled prize money in the spring and fall.

Look back at my posts. I said most charters aren't running. If guys are running 50-80 trips on the East end 80% of them are in the July, August, September time frame.

Noooooo Rick he isnt a Captain, he is a young and dumb 16 year old kid like me. Yeah remember that I think you do I still have that message you sent me on this site. With all do respect you have the bigget ego on Lake Ontario, what you think cause you won a Challenge Cup you think your the best on the Lake? You wait my buddy Allaboutfishing and I we will grow up and not be so young and dumb and catch more fish than you cause all you like doing is chasing Kicker Kings

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If I were you I'd stop fishing, and do some homework! Your grammar is terrible! 

Please explain the ego part. Where do I go around flashing an ego? Do I ever mention any of OUR, not my, tournament success on this website or any other? NO I don't. My goal is helping people catch more fish. From the responses I get it seems I'm doing very well on accomplishing my goals. 

Be honest with yourself Scott that was a fluke, but as you stated you can't catch a fish like that from the couch. So no matter where your at on the lake I encourage you to go out and fish.

Obama supporter? No way Rick. I love fishing the LOC and think Chilson is making a big mistake. People do not do well with change. Look at the pro ams. Big changes caused them to almost fold. If it was not for different people taking over and starting over, they would be gone. I think it could be a path the LOC is taking. It is a simple fact that the numbers of derby entries is not going to grow. With the costs to fish now a days. People are cutting back. By taking lake trout fishing away from certain fishermen, takes them right out of the entire derby. Not a good way to grow the derby.

Wish it would warm up we could all start fishing! No doubt this lake is a king lake. Every article you pick up about lake o shows kings! Most Derby's are for Kings. Take a derby like ...loc and it showed people the big browns lakers steelies you can catch and I think peoples charters would book better. Since the cabelas walleye derby in black river bay and all the press that received For size of eyes look at the people who fish that now. I used to have 70 fish plus days drifting the bar for lake trout. No one would believe me until they did it. Most people out of state think browns Lakers rainbows are 16 inch stream fish. I have taken people out that have told me they did charters with no kings went in and did 21 inch browns cohos and never knew they got bigger. Make a video spring lake trout show people cathing 30 15lb plus lakers on light gear in cold water and i bet people will pay to do it. I always had tons of calls for sept. Oct king fishing, because they thought it was the only time to catch them. Some of the best days for me have been spring or june for kings. Having all divisions count makes it good for people on both end of lakes. No kings in Henderson for spring derby, but 20 lb browns or Lakers maybe gives them a chance at grand prize. If the king is the king of the lake it should be the biggest anyways right? So then a salmon wins it.

Wish it would warm up we could all start fishing! No doubt this lake is a king lake. Every article you pick up about lake o shows kings! Most Derby's are for Kings. Take a derby like ...loc and it showed people the big browns lakers steelies you can catch and I think peoples charters would book better. Since the cabelas walleye derby in black river bay and all the press that received For size of eyes look at the people who fish that now. I used to have 70 fish plus days drifting the bar for lake trout. No one would believe me until they did it. Most people out of state think browns Lakers rainbows are 16 inch stream fish. I have taken people out that have told me they did charters with no kings went in and did 21 inch browns cohos and never knew they got bigger. Make a video spring lake trout show people cathing 30 15lb plus lakers on light gear in cold water and i bet people will pay to do it. I always had tons of calls for sept. Oct king fishing, because they thought it was the only time to catch them. Some of the best days for me have been spring or june for kings. Having all divisions count makes it good for people on both end of lakes. No kings in Henderson for spring derby, but 20 lb browns or Lakers maybe gives them a chance at grand prize. If the king is the king of the lake it should be the biggest anyways right? So then a salmon wins it.

If the king is the "king" of the lake, why are there fish out there bigger than it? There are fish out there no one has even seen but because the king's average size is bigger than the rest, you all suppose they are king of the lake. I can guarantee you there will be a few lakers this spring derby that will be the grand prize king by POUNDS! And probably plenty of pounds. If you are fishing on the east end in the spring, your chance of finding a derby king and catching it at all, forget about it. But they do have a chance of catching a 20lb+ brown or 30lb+ lakers. Any of those fish could be over the grand prize if a king is not caught. BUT, just my opinion. This derby is going doing the wrong path as said above. No one here is telling Dave how to run his business at all, or whining or whatever you people call it, it's an opinion! We all have them. And our opinion probably won't change how he is going to run the derby.

I am glad they made it salmon only for grand prize Dave is doing great job running low prize money is more for all places great job Dave

Sent from my XT1060 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Then I guess they should change the name...

If I were you I'd stop fishing, and do some homework! Your grammar is terrible!

Please explain the ego part. Where do I go around flashing an ego? Do I ever mention any of OUR, not my, tournament success on this website or any other? NO I don't. My goal is helping people catch more fish. From the responses I get it seems I'm doing very well on accomplishing my goals.

To bad the only way I can fish is if my grades are 85 and above, and also I LOVE the fact you aren't denying sending me that message calling me young and dumb haha, funny thing is your suppose to be a professional and you say stuff like that to a teenager come on.

See your saying the Salmon is the King of the Lake. Now don't me wrong people come from all over to catch Kings, but if it wasn't for stocking programs in the 1900s there would be NO such thing as the Chinook Salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) or Steelhead for that matter. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Brown Trout were also stocked from over in Europe? Now I could be wrong, but I read an article about it. Now you take those stocking programs out of the picture what is the native population Lake Trout member of the Char family, Atlantic Salmon, and Brook Trout in the more central part of the State. Now then tell me what would the LOC base it all off now Atlantic Salmon don't get as big as Lake Trout, so it's going to be Lake Trout. Your saying Kings are the King of the Lake because you don't like Fishing for any other species in the Lake.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

See your saying the Salmon is the King of the Lake. Now don't me wrong people come from all over to catch Kings, but if it wasn't for stocking programs in the 1900s there would be NO such thing as the Chinook Salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) or Steelhead for that matter. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Brown Trout were also stocked from over in Europe? Now I could be wrong, but I read an article about it. Now you take those stocking programs out of the picture what is the native population Lake Trout member of the Char family, Atlantic Salmon, and Brook Trout in the more central part of the State. Now then tell me what would the LOC base it all off now Atlantic Salmon don't get as big as Lake Trout, so it's going to be Lake Trout. Your saying Kings are the King of the Lake because you don't like Fishing for any other species in the Lake.

There would be no LOC because:

A) All your native species would be extinct due to the thiamine deficiency they get from eating the evasive Alewife. Therefore, without stocking there would be nothing but warm water species in Lake Ontario.

B) Very few people would come to Lake Ontario to catch an Atlantic, which can't honestly be targeted, and/or a Lake Trout.

I love a good argument. I like catching all sorts of different species but when you really evaluate the situation the vast majority of people come to Lake Ontario to catch Kings. They are and will always be the main attraction. A group of 5 to 15 of family members and friends have been coming up to Olcott/Wilson area since the early 80's several times a year and although we catch and target all species the Kings are what keep us coming. There is a reason that Dunkirk Harbor is not full until early June and that's because a handful of those charters are trying to make some money chasing kings. If they wanted to catch a Lake Trout, Lake Erie is packed full of them along with browns and steelhead. As far as LOC tournament I see both sides and both arguments are valid. On the other hand if the King fishing dissipates we would stop coming or come less anyways.

Wow. This has gone many directions. Some interesting points. We are in need of some warm air and water. I need to catch some kings. None of us will have time for any of this come june. Cabin fever sucks. I would like to touch on why kings are the king. Most of you know already. Rod fires, you scramble to pick it up. Your line is straight down, you feel a head bob and know there is a fish, or is it an old boot? Another rod fires. This time Before you can get to the rod the drag is SCREAMIN. First run takes 200' of line. You work him into a good spot to bring him in through your spread. As you reach out over him with th net er eyes roll up and liook right at you. She flicks her tail one time and dives, seventy five more feet of line GONE. Ten more minutes and shes on the deck. Yelling, laughing, picture taking, rule the boat for ten minutes. The mood on the boat has changed for the entire trip. Your crew is no longer wondering if the kings are here but when the next one is going to hit! Thats why i call them KINGS.

^ they are in my opinion the most bad ass fish in the lake but pound for pound nothing fights like a steelhead. Unfortunately all the heavy gear we use for the kings negates the fighting power of the smaller steelhead.

Absolute biggest truth I've read on this entire thread. Yankee you should know better than to try and reason with a teenager(s).  LOL 

Absolute biggest truth I've read on this entire thread. Yankee you should know better than to try and reason with a teenager(s). LOL

Must be hard for any of you to negotiate with a teenager let alone anyone being so full of yourselves and knowing everything.