Coneseus Lake Inlet walleye run

jimski2

When you say move them, do you mean the swamp or the actual lake?  Also, was there a high pitch humming sound or was it the voices in my head again?

The DEC was in there shocking 'em yesterday (Thursday).  They took like 25 out and moved them over to the other side of the lake after recording lenght and weight, and tagging them.  Got nice video up on UTUBE. 

When you say move them, do you mean the swamp or the actual lake? Also, was there a high pitch humming sound or was it the voices in my head again?

They are doing a population estiment. All the fish they samples (750ish) were tagged with jaw tags. The fish are then released at the boat launch via hatchery truck so they disperse in the lake. They are then going to electro shock the lake with boats before the season starts to try and sample as many walleye as they can. Based on the total amount of walleye they sample in the lake and how many of those are of the 750 that got tagged they can figure out about how many walleye are in the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Phisherman585

Pike make it in there for sure.  I always assumed they made it out before it got too hot but no proof of that.  Probably more accurate is that the snappers and the eagles get a tasty dinner.  Swamp is taylor made for Yak fisherman.