Aftermarket Transducers?

MarkNY

I bought a boat last fall that came with an Airmar transducer, transom mount. Dont know anything about aftermarket transducers. Please tell me about them. I have a lowrance HDS and an Eagle color sonar/gps, will an aftermarket transducer make these units perform better? thanks, mark

The Airmar P 66 bl will work on the Lowrance HDS.  It is better than the x ducer that comes with the Hds.  I think  If both units have a blue connector they should work together.  Other people on site will know maybe comment.

Contact airmar directly send them some pics and any info on the transducer wire. I did this when I got my new boat and they were very helpful. It may take a week to get an inital response but they did get back to me.

That appears to be the transducer for a Fishhawk 840/x4 temp/speed unit. The speed wheel is missing from it though. All you need now is the head unit and power cord.

Cheers..Jake

That appears to be the transducer for a Fishhawk 840/x4 temp/speed unit. The speed wheel is missing from it though. All you need now is the head unit and power cord.

Cheers..Jake

ahh interesting. it does say airmar on it. i took a paddle wheel unit off the boat too but i thought it went with a sonar unit. i have the fish hawk head unit and a power cord. boat came with a bunch of stuff.,,,

Well you are all set. If you didn't get the probe with the boat, pick up an X4 probe, as they are compatible with the 840 head unit. I am using a new x4 probe with my 20 something year old 840, and it works solid.The wheel on the transducer only gives you surface speed anyways but you can get that with gps. Down speed is more important any way. The other paddle wheel you had on the boat was probably wired into the sonar/fishfinder.. I know Lowrance has external surface speed wheel kits.

Cheers..Jake