Amish outfitter clipper release?

I'm having trouble finding 150 yards of 250lb powerpro. Any help finding it would be great. If anyone has a very large spool of it and would be willing to sell me 300ft of it that would be great. I need it for the mainline on my boards. Thanks. Also I'm buying these releases this week and plan on upgrading then like you guys have shown. Can't wait to try them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Try Slippery Sinker in Olcott. I think I've seen it there pretty consistently. 

Seems to me, for the price,  if you need to do all this rebuilding of them and end up using a rubber band anyway you might as well stick with a shower clip & rubber band !   I had them a few years ago & they all seemed to get brittle & break in half only got one season out of them.   junk, ihmo.

I hear ya, but try sliding a shower curtain down when the wind is trying to blow it back up the tow line. There is no weight with a shower curtain. If you are out recreationally then time is not a factor, but if I'm trying to put lines back out as fast as I can to produce fish on a charter or during a tourney I want to get it down there fast and keep it down there.

I'm in the process of modifying my clippers. I purchased a drop shot weight mold. A 3/8 oz weight is the perfect diameter to fit width wise in the back of the clipper. I will then cut it off with a dremal took and epoxy it in place. With power pro, the copper wire crimp and the added weight, they should really fly down the line.

I love the AO's Clippers but had a hell of a time yesterday getting them down and staying down the line in the wind and rain. This thread is perfect timing and I just got done sleeving two dozen releases. Can't wait to get out on the lake and try them. Noticeable difference in weight should really help them get down the line and not blow back. I only run rubber bands when pulling coppers. I found the shock absorber of the bands helps with false releases on the heavy coppers when trolling in waves. post-150258-13982897106344_thumb.jpg

I love the AO's Clippers but had a hell of a time yesterday getting them down and staying down the line in the wind and rain. This thread is perfect timing and I just got done sleeving two dozen releases. Can't wait to get out on the lake and try them. Noticeable difference in weight should really help them get down the line and not blow back. I only run rubber bands when pulling coppers. I found the shock absorber of the bands helps with false releases on the heavy coppers when trolling in waves. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1398289710.036094.jpg

good job

Here are mine now after adding the nut for weight

post-153473-13982902962322_thumb.jpg

good job

Here are mine now after adding the nut for weight

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1398290295.500173.jpg

Two different ways with the same results. Nice job. That's why this site is the best. Great people who don't mind sharing and helping each other out. 

Take a soldering iron and melt the crack shut After installing crimps works perfect!

Occasionally, I have had a line get in the slot in the back of the release. I am going to epoxy it closed in the next week or so. The rubber band inside these releases works well too, but then you have to keep bands in your pocket. It's just easier to clip in in my opinion.

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

How are you guys securing the crimp in there releases? Also the crimp shown in the first page doesn't go all the way through. Is that a problem. Also I'm curious how I should use them. I'll be fishing for eyes this weekend. Should I be using rubber bands? The line I'm using is 15lb braid. If you don't use a rubber band do you twist your line then put it in the release? Sorry for the noobie questions!!

The sleeve is glued in, use whatever you would like. Run the clip so the collar of the sleeve is facing the board. You take your line and twist it 5-10 times, personal preference, then put the loop made in the clipper. Adjust as needed for the line you are using, or u can half hitch the rubber band on the line and put it in the clipper. Good Luck.

Capt Rich

I used a cut off wheel and sliced mine so they can still be attached to the line the same way. I also added a nut for weight. I have been using them for 2 weeks now with no issues and a vast improvement on performance.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148842-13988616201529_thumb.jpg

How are you guys securing the crimp in there releases? Also the crimp shown in the first page doesn't go all the way through. Is that a problem. Also I'm curious how I should use them. I'll be fishing for eyes this weekend. Should I be using rubber bands? The line I'm using is 15lb braid. If you don't use a rubber band do you twist your line then put it in the release? Sorry for the noobie questions!!

I hit several walleye fishing this past weekend and they released just like normal. I was also going brown and salmon speed. Not sure how it would work going walleye slow. Those releases adjust very well.

I hit several walleye fishing this past weekend and they released just like normal. I was also going brown and salmon speed. Not sure how it would work going walleye slow. Those releases adjust very well.

Ya there's going to be a learning curve. I'm wondering if rubber bands are going to be the way to go.

Ya there's going to be a learning curve. I'm wondering if rubber bands are going to be the way to go.

I run offshore planers for walleye. They run great at any speed.

I know I risk you guys laughing,,,,but here is another option that works.....

the sleeve is hard plastic and good sized diameter so various lines slip through easily yet don't abrade the line. I use them both with and without the rubber bands (the bands are the type girls use in their hair (can be purchased in various department stores). If pulling heavier stuff I use them without the bands and set the line further back in the release....the sleeves can also be used with other releases. The sinker provides the weight to get them going down the line until the release nests in the bow in the line. I'm not sure what the sleeves are called (i.e. brand name) but they are used as slip sinkers for salt water fishing (I purchased them on Cape Cod but I have seen them online someplace too). Here is what they look like when you buy them: (and no I haven't had problems with the sinker tangling the line)

post-145411-0-94748600-1398872732_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-56682200-1398873215_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

A lot of guys run #19 rubber bands from Staples. As noted above I use much smaller ones without a specific number I just "feel out" the breaking strength as they are very inexpensive.

As long as they actually release it doesn't really make much of a difference. If the rubber band stays intact you know exactly where to set back...but it is no big deal either way. The tension setting just needs to be adjusted to whatever you are running (spoon, stick. attractor combo etc.). I usually set most of my stuff so a 3 lb fish will release it.....but like I said you will have to adjust according to what you are running too to avoid false releases.