Word of Warning

L&M

If you've been running your I/O's or inboard's already this spring & trailer them it would be a good idea to either drain them or hook up a heat source the next couple of nights. With the low temps there predicting the next couple of nights (mid to low 20's) you might better be safe than sorry.

If you've been running your I/O's or inboard's already this spring & trailer them it would be a good idea to either drain them or hook up a heat source the next couple of nights. With the low temps there predicting the next couple of nights (mid to low 20's) you might better be safe than sorry.

I would argue even if you don't have the boat on the trailer but in a slip without shore power, that the block could freeze if it gets down into the low twenties tonight.

Thx for the advice Hank - your post is why I do not have the stones to put my boat in this early!

Be safe and good luck this year,

Chris

I drained my I/O this afternoon. I have an 89 mercruiser with a 5.7. I believe there are four plugs total, two on bottom and two above twords the top of the engine. Three out of the four plugs drained very well but the top starbird plug was pulled out and no water came out. What does this mean? Is it bad, is something inside plugged up?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Try taking a small piece of wire and poking around inside the hole to break up any debris. Pouring marine/rv grade antifreeze through the coolant lines until it flushes out all drain holes. Couple bucks a gallon at walmart, cheap insurance

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app