Leadcore Rigging- Willis Knot! Critique my Rigging...

Thanks to info on this site i tied my first willis knot on a leadcore rig and absolutely love it. Very solid and slim. I have a bunch of leadcore setups to rig and would like your opinions on my rigging and knots. Here is what im doing:

50# Power Pro Backing to;

20' of 30# Yozuri Hybrid(for big board releases) tied with an albright knot to;

Leadcore with Willis Knot to: 

30' of 20# Blood Run Salmon Mono tied with Willis Knot to;

BB barrel swivel(with bead above it so my buddies dont reel swivel into tip) tied with Palomar Knot to;

A rod length of flouro leader with BB swivel at end when running spoons.

How does this sound? Am i missing anything? thanks, mark

pretty similar to what i use:

i just tie in 20' flouro line (not leader material) using willis knot for the spoon end. 20# is what im running.  With your setup you have 2 extra knots with the barrel swivel.  If your gonna leader below 20# then I would keep the swivel but if your not I would axe it.  I only use spoons/plugs on leadcore b/c it doesn't get very deep. 

I use a stretch of 30# big game on the backer end, alrbight knot to braid, for the release to clip to.

Edited by BrokeOff

Power pro backing to core w/ Albright, core to 20# mono w/ Albright, Mono to swivel w/ Palomar, swivel to FC leader w/ Palomar, FC to snap w/ Palomar. Never had one fail in 7 years.

I just spooled up a couple of 1 and 2 color 27# test leadcores between 20# test Big Game and 8# test STS Seaguar leaders using the Willis Knot on both ends. Not sure if I'm doing this correctly but had a heck of a time with the 8# test. It kept slipping out of the leadcore after I tied the knot so I doubled up the overhand knot and that solved the problem. Am I correct in thinking that swivels aren't needed with stickbaits since they don't spin like spoons?

Always a good idea to run a tiny ball bearing swivel even with just a stickbait. Who says you won't end up putting a spoon on it at some time. I run tiny BB swivel 7-8' above snap with 8-10lb floro in between.

I also always double the Willis knot, no problems!!! Good Luck

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app