Rigging Swimbaits for Trolling?

Guys, any ideas on how to rig swimbaits for trolling? ive tried the hollow body baits with the weedless hook setup and trailer hook but it didnt work very well. problem is finding a jig hook light enough to troll. id like to try them for shallow browns and on leadcore later in season. i remember reading an article in great lakes angler a couple years back about this and how they smashed browns on them. thanks, mark

Yea what JT said, and yes it does work and rather well, I use the real image fish in perch and anything that resembles live forage in the lake. I use the Eagle claw swim bait hooks, like JT said they screw into the bait. I use the Z-man Swimmerz, Berkley Gulp alive, I have used them off bottom bouncers for walleye in the spring with very good results, and my all time favorite is S'ebile Magic Swimmer, they come with the hooks and round weight balls and these have holes in the body for the hook, they are a little costly but what isn't if it works. OH and I tried them off the side with a 40 jet don't get to comfortable in the seat, you will be running after a pole as the jet dives, it seems most of the time I get hits on the way down. Good luck, they work.

Thanks Guys. I tried that keel hook with the spring on them but it didnt work too well. Plus i dont want a weedless hook setup, id like the hook to be exposed as much as possible. I got some stuff today to experiment with so ill let you know what i come up with. Thinking about a way to get a single trailer hook towards rear of bait that wont affect action of bait. thanks, mark