Sandy 04/17/14 windy city

Thanks to Doghouse, we got the hang of things and limited today.  Mix bag of lakers, browns and one Atlantic.  It was good until we got blown off. NOAA was a little off today. 2-4 was a solid 3-5.  Oh yeah and my cousin blew chow.

Sandy creek by Hamlin, NY which is just west of Rochester. I take it you were wondering about our Sandy Creek between port of Ontario and Stoney point on the east end. I too, would like to know the ice situation north of sandy pond.

Thanks. I put out of Sandy Creek in Hamlin normally, but just wanted to make sure the OP was talking about the same Sandy.

Had plans to go out of there yesterday around 4, and am glad I didn't since it sounds like it would have been a wasted trip.

Very strange how the wind seems to come out of a completely different direction around there than any of the weather services, or local

weather stations are reporting. I've seen everyone reporting winds from the south, only to get there and find NE winds and 2-4 footers...

Right on with the wind.  Yesterday it was another day of good fishing with goofy wind.  First southeast wind than north wind than no wind, wadda wadda wadda.  But the fishing has been good.  The fish are spread out more with no wind but zigzagging has worked good. 

We were out there Friday AM. SE Wind was 20 MPH then dropped to about 10 and things were pleasant. Water temp 42.

Did about 20 browns mostly small on flashy sticks from boards plus 2 good lakers on riggers just off the bottom, all in 10-15 FOW. Good water color.

About noon the wind turned NE and everything stopped.

Met a good Dad and his daughter at the launch who also did about 20 while we watched two guys try to power load their boat without success for a long time because their trailer wheels were way too shallow. Tried to tell them but some people don't know how much they don't know.

Sandy is just....bi polar. Went out yesterday afternoon (Yeah, I know...mornings are the best). Web cams and report from a buddy in Webster showed a flat lake.

Got out to Sandy...NE wind, 2-3 foot rollers with some caps on them. It did die down as the afternoon progressed, but still, it was a good lesson for my partner.

He never believed me when I said conditions out at Sandy can be drastically different than near Ibay.

Anyway....one 18" brown hits while I'm still letting the first lure out. Thinking this is going to be a great day.

Nope. Had one other taker that took a lot of line out, and then...gone.

There was only one other boat out all afternoon yesterday.