Asking for some help fellas? from polaski east to st lawrence..please

Hi folks been reading the forum and checking out some of your pics.. Some great fish and stories thanks for sharing to all that have. My wife and I from Maine and will be in Fort Drum for ten days while she does her out processing from the army after 20 years. I,m looking to do some brown trout fishing and possibly catch my first steelhead. I understand spring run off and all the rain things are high. I thought I might be able to chase some browns around the lake shore. Most of what I've read about the shore fishing for them have been to the western. Is there areas to catch them from the black east into the st Lawrence? Wish I could get out on a charter but just can't afford it after I wrecked the wife's car. I do have a rental and can travel. I fly and spin fish both bait and lures and think I got the rivers figured out as to where I can try. I like catching brown, brookies, lakers , and wouldn't mind big pike or possibly checking a walleye of my list while there. I've been reading the laws and getting them figured out. I'm a catch and release guy so not interested in keeping any. Any suggestions as to spring steelhead fly's or where I could chase some Lakers or browns from shore would be awesome. I will have time to travel some and will be going to Niagara river over next weekend to see the falls and do some shore fishing.. I have ten days so I'm all ears if anyone's interested share some info... Thanks Derek

Artpark is in lewiston ny. Best place in niagara from shore. A short hike without hundreds of stairs. Browns steelies pike stergon. You can catch anything. Eighteen mile creek has steelies. Thats ollcott. The power authority has a pier. Send a pm if you want directions. Cant help on east end.

Thanks fellas I surely appreciate the info. Ive been going over gear this morning and double checking things. I'm probably way under gunned rod wise for this but we will we what happens. Been a hard winter and seriously have had to pinch pennies plus I totaled the wife's car at 20 mph. Darn junk they sell these days. Our scheduals a military one so not sure how its going to be until monday. You guys got some awesome fishing out here and even bad fishing to you fellas could be awesome for me.... Thanks a bunch

Good luck with things and best of luck to your wife with the retirement....pretty neat that she was able to take 20 years of it....four was enough for me :lol: 

Thanks sk8man, she is pretty excited, I only did 4 years myself. I talked with old cpt bill for a bit this morning and really appreciate all the help and your offer old boy. Maybe get a chance to try for a fish with you while we are there. Hopefully mother nature will give us some good weather this coming week. I noticed the rivers flows are slowing some...