radio channels update

to save hours of looking for channels used from what port by most here id like to bring this up again.we all should make a list so as we visit different ports we can keep in touch with whats happening there,,just picked up e new radio with a memory scan for pre programed channels ,my old tube model finally quit now if we had our own L.O.U. channel lakewide that we could keep us in touch away from our keyboards on the water..then i could warn everyone when im going to the buffy mode and save some potential sea sickness on your boat.... or if any of us should go to the sucuratay mode :low on beverage : we could do a underway refuling procedure

Just tell everyone you got a new radio will ya.... OOPS! Instead of screwing around here on the site get to work on that damn motor will ya (you the man!)

I usually try to monitor the channel your not on :shock: :D

I don't want to hear any of your lies about not being able to keep the fish off your lines, when really your laying in the back of the boat Buffy Style to get rid of your tan lines :shock: :x :mrgreen:

72 at Sandy

Thanks Ray and Hank (L&M) for the help yesterday on the fuel sender switch it was much appreciated :D:D

I'm mainly on 69 when in Mexico Bay and around 9-Mile. I scan about 5 other channels, including 5, 12, 68 and 72. 68 can get absolutely nuts come summer. Of course, I always have 16 included in the scan list, just in case someone hails for help or gives a mayday.

FCC rules call for you to monitor channel 16 at all times for safety of yourself and others. I suppose if a nearby boat has a problem and you do not respond, there is some negligence and liability on your part.

hey shade i head up that way in the spring and the oak for the most part of the year ,close enuf for ya to jump on board ,if your up to it .im a diehard but could head in when you need to,i also have a friend who is a little sensitive to the bumpy stuff .you kinda hit home with your story for me as i was home that day celibrating my birthday ,and ive had 2 near death experiences in the last 15 yrs that have changed my whole outlook as to the way i live my life. everyday IS a blessing,plan for the future but also live for today it may be your last,im shure you get offers but my freezer always has venision to share,there is always room for 1 more on my tub and if ya cant get out on the pond ill even toss a salmon or two at ya :) good tip in the inshurance my passengers are covered and ill have to check my policy to see if im coverd.. my each day bring you healing and strength.Ray K.

Thanks Ray for the invite and I look forward for a day on the lake with you. My son bought me a seat that he found on the internet that will take an impact up to 4g's and we are putting it in the boat next week. I have excepted the fact that I may not have the strength to land a fish but I hope I can handle running the boat. I will be on channel 68 and we have a dock at Olcott for the season. My email is [email protected], my cell # 716-704-9242 and my boat is Git-R-Done. If your looking for an extra two poles to run get ahold of me my calender is wide open this year.

God bless and have a safe season.

Who on this site fishes out of Olcott?

Shade,

Olcott is my home port. I have a seasonal slip there as well. Us LOTSA guys usually hang out on channel 9 or 10, but I typically also have 68 and 72 in the scan unless the chatter gets too annoying.

Boat's name is FishStyx, 24' Thompson Hardtop. Im in slip 10 on "D" dock (the last one almost under the bridge).

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

Shade,

I also fish out of Olcott,we'll be up there 5/1 to 5/9,and back up from 5/21 to 5/26.

We'll be at dock #39 it's a 2160 Trophy hartop named Reel Easy.Give us a shout on the radio,or stop by the dock and say hi.

My radio is always on scan,68,10,11,72,9,and a few others. We answer to Reel Easy or Big Easy.

Reeleasy, Fishstix

I understand that 14 is going to be the LOU channel. So add that to your scanner.

I will be sure to look up both you guys in Olcott.