Black River bay/ stony point

Hey John - Was there yesterday opening camp. Not yet. Hoping this weekend it opens up. Will let you know... Bringing the small boat up.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks fellas! Was there 2 weeks ago and there was still 18" of ice in front of the camp. I hope it's all gone by the weekend and the debris is cleared for walleye weekend.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

As of last week the water level in the river is about 10ft above normal, water is almost up to the door on the BJ bait shop in Dexter, and a fellow next to our camper in the Black River Camp grounds talked to Allen who owns the camp and he said "maybe" not going to be able to open the camp on time, right now 3 of us are playing it by ear. Even if they open on time and the river is that high the walleye fishing won't be any good for a while yet.

I opened camp yesterday in Henderson. Black river is getting lower. The bait shop you talk about PAP took on 3ft of water inside. Nice weekend but ice still visible out there. Will give it a go this weekend in the smaller boat. Regardless will post conditions when I get out.

I opened camp yesterday in Henderson. Black river is getting lower. The bait shop you talk about PAP took on 3ft of water inside. Nice weekend but ice still visible out there. Will give it a go this weekend in the smaller boat. Regardless will post conditions when I get out.

Thanks Fleettracker, I was using second hand info and didn't want to over speak what I was told but that nails what I was told, Oscar said the water was half way up the door on the bait shop, and a major ice storm brought many limbs and branches down in the camp, and it's supposedly a complete mess. About 10 years ago we had similar weather and we had the best walleye fishing in years the second week in June, as fast as I could bait my wife's crawler harnesses up and keep the boat strait in the wind she had another walleye on, one nice fish after another, slowly make our way out to the last set of bouys and drift down the green side then the red side, after about 2 to 3hrs. we had a 2 person limit of 22-26" males, all the Big girls released to the lake  for another season of eggs. Yea post your adventure, especially if your going in a tin can down the rapids around the islands, gets pretty squirrely down at the mouth, by the snake pit off to your right. PAP. 

im looking to head up for browns out of stony as soon as its all clear so cant wait to hear. the camps in sawyers bay and I wanted to get out early this year to fish in it before they head out deep. sounds like I have plenty of time haha