Yankee's Easter Weekend - Couple of KINGS too!

Saturday 4/19 - We left the dock about 6:30am and choose to go West. We figured the traffic would be non-existent, and we were right. The only boats down there were the Hooked Up, and ours. The bite didn't start for us until about Long Pond, but the pocket at Braddocks was just silly! As many as you wanted! WE took our limit out of there with some nicer fish starting to show up. With the exception of one Steelbow, and a few Cohos, it was mostly a Brown Trout bite. We heard of a few Kings being taken in this water the past few days, but we just couldn't stumble upon one.

We ran our 3 Cannons down 4'-7' and 50'-60' back, 6 flat lines from 120'-150' back, and two split shot rigs back 100'. Hot baits were the Stinger Glow Frog, Stinger Sea Sick Waddler, and Stinger Glow Mixed Veggies. As for stick baits Firetiger, Black and Silver, and Perch were all good. Mostly natural colors, but the bright stuff shinned in the dirtier water. FYI.....The Coho seemed to be a few feet deeper than the Brownies hitting Coho type stuff.

IMG_20140419_090911355_HDR_zpssnbulpze.j

IMG_20140419_105326177_zpsjoqrbdtk.jpg

IMG_20140419_123211068_zpsjom4xhfn.jpg

Sunday 4/20 - Our clients that were supposed to fish the afternoon on 4/19 and the morning of 4/20 no call no showed, so we did the next best thing. Took the ol' man out for his maiden voyage for 2014. We left the dock around 6:30am and hooked left again headed West. The plan was to fish down to the Oak. We started at Cresent Beach, and the bite was just plain STUPID! From the Ponds to Lighthouse was AMAZING! 25 fish hit the deck before 8:30am. We were an Atlantic away from a Lake Ontario Grand Slam. We ended with 3 Kings, 3 Lake Trout, 3 Pike, 3 or 4 Coho, 2 Rainbows, and over 60 Brown Trout. Four guys worked the back of the boat slamming rods in as fast as we could after boating a fish.

Our Cannon downriggers were firing with the Stinger Sea Sick Waddlers as well as the Glow Froggy back 50-60. Our hot sticks on the boards were two Bagley's we've never run before. One was a green and yellow, and the other was a black and silver. My brother picked them out in the dark thinking they were something else. They may see a little more soak time in the future! Other hot sticks were firetiger, white, and Perch. The Kings took both rigger boats as well as one of the Bagley's stick baits. 

It was a pretty amazing day! Another great stretch was from Eagle Creek to the small flats. We picked away at them there on our pass through.

IMG_20140420_082205512_zpsa29iznnz.jpg

IMG_20140420_085411623_zpsqaehiwuc.jpg

IMG_20140420_065630842_zpsegwiyehb.jpg

IMG_20140420_093428744_zpsw2awd5l0.jpg

Rick no question you are a great fisherman, but it's truly not fair to the fish if you are going to take "Lil Walter" out as well. Better watch out if he shows up with a big rig some day and puts a crew together to take you boys on in the Tourneys. Never met a young guy more fishey then Walt..

Rick no question you are a great fisherman, but it's truly not fair to the fish if you are going to take "Lil Walter" out as well. Better watch out if he shows up with a big rig some day and puts a crew together to take you boys on in the Tourneys. Never met a young guy more fishey then Walt..

That kid is an amazing fisherman! I'd love to add him to our tourney team! We had the heater going in the cockpit all day. He never stepped foot inside to warm up. He even stayed out back when we were running down the lake. He is the most respectful and polite person I've met in a long time.

Hey rick, glad you beached a few sharks. Now I got to fight with all the traffic down there, just kidding. In the short time we fished they had over 20 something bites as well. Ended up going to RGH emergency, no broken bones. I am going to the orthopedics surgeon today. Hopefully I will be going again this weekend to poke some more holes in the fish. Good luck at the oak.

I was near you from around cowsucker back to sandy. That Is a great day....that's funny you say bagley because I have one and ran it that day, gold and black. Could not keep fish off it, it probably took at least 15 browns itself. Amazing day

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

nice color water..Nice to see yer dad up and out.As you know but for the advise to others ,sometimes a suttle difference in rattles or action can be a game changer..Its interesting the whole lake shore is so good this year wonder if the cold and gobys don't mix...any footballs or spitting minnows..?just curious ..

Nice fish Rick!  It was an awesome weekend for us too further to the west.  Had three clean bites offs and still scratching my head over whether these were pike or bigger kings.  Managed 1 decent king......let the fun begin.  Good luck to you this season and in the Tournaments!

Nice fish Rick!  It was an awesome weekend for us too further to the west.  Had three clean bites offs and still scratching my head over whether these were pike or bigger kings.  Managed 1 decent king......let the fun begin.  Good luck to you this season and in the Tournaments!

Nice! Headed to Canada this weekend, so I'll see ya next weekend!