fish finder?

Raymarine dragonfly. I don't own one but I will be buying one or the a78 next season.

If you can't afford something like that try one of the small humminbird units 561 is around $150

Edited by Chas0218

Raymarine dragonfly. I don't own one but I will be buying one or the a78 next season.

If you can't afford something like that try one of the small humminbird units 561 is around $150

I bought and put a Dragonfly on the new boat BUT not sure if it will track downrigger balls over 50' or going on a fast troll.

Bondouly, how much you looking to spend?  Also what do you fish for.

Assuming you are talking about salmon trolling ...

For fish finders, up to around $1000 you do get what you pay for - after that it's all nice to haves - mostly in screen size.

So the more you can spend the better off you'll be, up to that point.

I would start with ensuring you get a unit with enough transducer output to ensure you have a good reading.

You want a dual output 50/200 or 83/200 Hz tranducer, or even better something with CHIRP technology.

Then I'd start increasing screen size up to around 8".

Have fun.

Didnt had any luck with humminbird.

Got a Lowrance elite 7 HDI.

-----

And ill tell you its the best $$ i ever spend. This thing is AMAZING !

Not sure about HDS series , as far as i know they gread only if you running a sidescan package.

But the price is killer :)

I have been seriously looking on those.mi hear the elite series is coming out with chirp technology. Many on this site however have had issues with the elite

• 4 weeks later...

Didnt had any luck with humminbird.

Got a Lowrance elite 7 HDI.

-----

And ill tell you its the best $$ i ever spend. This thing is AMAZING !

Not sure about HDS series , as far as i know they gread only if you running a sidescan package.

But the price is killer :)

What is the base mapping that comes in the elite 7?

Ill second the humminbird 561. I use the 570 but they are comparable other than screen resolution. Can see everything I need for trolling purposes and bass fishing. Color would have been nice but is it really necessary? I use a seperate device for gps/chartplotting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My fish finder died this weekend and i need to get a new one but dont have a ton of $ to play with.  Any suggestions on what to buy would be greatly appreciated  

Is it the monitor or the transducer that went kaput?

You may  be able to find the broken part and replace it. That would be the cheapest way to go

As for replacement,...there are fishfinders and there Sitex and Furuno fishfinders. For Furuno, the 620 and 627 (bigger screen than 620) or the Sitex 650  are around $ 750 including a P66 transducer if you buy them through "the hull truth" website from semper fi fishing.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-electronics-forum/431316-furuno-629-sea-temp-way-off.html

Gill Travis,the semperfi fishing man, is a vietnam veteran ,a phantom combat pilot and a trustwotrhy business man who will go out of his way to help you get the right thing.

Good luck!

Edited by rolmops