Seneca Derby 2014. Introduce you and your boat!

5 rods = 25 spoons in the water! Hard to beat 5 leader rigs on the Finger Lakes. As for top water, stretch one out from the planer board to the boat, ( 15 ft spacers = 75ft of rig )  put the sinker on the boat end ( at the rod ) and lower to 25 ft. I call it a PBR! ( Planer Board Rig ) 5 spoons fishing top water!   

In the old days before the changes in the regulation and my kid rode with me I used to run 4 Seth Greens with 15 spoons each and two top lines (62 lures) on my outriggers (on my little13 ft Whaler)....great untila couple big rainbows hit going cross directions :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

:)  Yeah I had to adjust my spacing to 12 ft intervals with 12 ft leaders most of the time......a lot of bead chains but it gave me lots of options too....kinda boring with just 5 leader rigs now....

Yeah, I hear that! Took all the fun out of it. If you pulled 15 leader rigs, boat control was a must. Didn't take much to make a mess of things. I handline my rigs. I dont remove leaders, making boat control even more a priority. No rookies at the wheel.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I will be at Sampson from Thursday till Monday.  My crew will be in sites 305 and 307.  I will be fishing out of an Aluminum 21' Sylvan Pro Fisherman.  Its almost getting close enough that I am getting excited!  I really look forward to the derby every year.  I'm due for another money fish :)  hope one of my boys reels it in this time!  Feel free fellas to stop by and have a cold one.

-Jeremy

post-143077-0-01773000-1398389698_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tripleduece50

We'll be out there aboard Rod Father, our 21' Thompson Cuddy soft top. We fish out of Lodi or Sampson.

Hopefully we get some warm rain and nice days to get the water temp on the rise by then. I got a report last weekend the temp all around Lodi was 37.5 degrees.

Jim

Last year we couldn't fish the derby. We went out the weekend before and caught a 12 lb Brown. Hope to do that during the derby this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My little boat abobbin ( 14 ft fisher ) will stay out of your way! Have fun with your spreads, I will just try to find and out smart a few fish on a personal basis.

20 rod spread!! I could not even get out of the way! I pitty the kyakers, at least I can duck!

Dont worry about a 20 rod spread. You need 7 people on a boat to fish those rods. Who has 7 men on a boat? No one! A 22 ft boat cant accommodate 7 men on a good day! Fish 5 leader rigs, and be good at it. Then you will be one to beat.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

"Perchecutioner" will be COCKED LOCKED AND READY TO ROCK DOC as soon as the Seneca Gold spawn subsides!!!post-150731-13985970385744_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Make sure she's running good or you have trolling motor on her....... not a good lake to break down on if the weather turns on you !!!!  Just saying......have fun with the new ride !!!!

hey all bottom bouncer crew will be fishing once again ...her ny crew and old yankee capt from bama sorry no pic 25 foot baha 251 bottom bouncer... maybe those fools cuss and jerk around on the radio this year will remember their are kids fishing and keep their beer consumption to a case a day ...good luck to all those fishing and hope its a little calmer than one day last year .....

:) .....just waiting for the clapping to die down Ray :lol:  Time to kick butt in those salt water big money tourneys Ray....