Seneca Derby 2014. Introduce you and your boat!

Rumor has it (from reliable sources) that the guys at the south end NEED 20 lines out to stay up with the northenders using 3 lines :lol: Still trying to verify the sources :)

Pssshhhhh. I won first place solo with three rods ;) just saying..

I live the smack talk prior to derby time.

:)

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by lakebound88

Sometimes "accidents" happen Nick and coincidence plays a role :) .....maybe it would have been my fish if it wasn't for the motor problem too :lol:  we're going to have fun this time anyway right?

You can't run trips if you can't handle seven guys on the boat that's just five clients and you and a mate. Do it every trip. Jason and I can have twenty rods out faster than you can untangle the leaders for one Seth Green rig.:) . :) LOL

In all seriousness during the derby we don't run many lines way to many idiots. I had a guy troll right across my ass last year he was so close he got my 100 copper. If you are fishing for big Lakers less is better. If I get a clear area to work with bows or salmon then I'll load them up. Sean

You can't run trips if you can't handle seven guys on the boat that's just five clients and you and a mate. Do it every trip. Jason and I can have twenty rods out faster than you can untangle the leaders for one Seth Green rig.:) . :) LOL

I dont charter, nor would I care to put that many people on my boat and split my winnings with. As far as 20 rods over your assumptions I get tangles with my rigs, ive been fishing rigs for over 30 yrs.

I can put a rig in faster than you could rig 2 downrigger, and i got 100 bucks if you want to take me up on that!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

In all seriousness, I fish as many lures as I can, which is why I choose to run rigs. Takes a certain individual to be able to run 5 or more rigs without any trouble. Especially with the traffic of memorial weekend.

I say "individual" because my crew is usually all female, besides myself.

I dont charter, nor would I care to put that many people on my boat and split my winnings with. As far as 20 rods over your assumptions I get tangles with my rigs, ive been fishing rigs for over 30 yrs.

I can put a rig in faster than you could rig 2 downrigger, and i got 100 bucks if you want to take me up on that!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app[/quote

LOL:). And the smack talk continues Love it! How about 5 lures only run any way you want three hours for 1k

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app[/quote

LOL:). And the smack talk continues Love it! How about 5 lures only run any way you want three hours for 1k

See you at the weigh in! As far as the bet, your boat or mine! 1000 is good, but lets set some ground rules or fish the same boat. Im up for that! Legal fish only. No dinks. I'd rather not do this during any tourny but I'll take up on that. For sure!

Once again Sean came up with another real kernal of wisdom for "newbies" and "experts" alike: "If you are fishing for big Lakers less is better" Fishing the derby is very different than usual fishing where you are looking to catch a lot of fish. You are looking only for the BIGGEST fish and the numbers of smaller fish just get in the way and you lose time messing with them when your "big fish" equipment should be in the water. Big fish didn't become big fish by being stupid....they behave differently than smaller fish and have different eating habits and requirements and the objective is to quickly figure out what those differences are, what the current conditions have to do with the situation, and how you can exploit it to your benefit. Good luckto all who give it a shot :) I guess if I was in a smack talking mood I'd probably say something like " If you are fishing for big lakers LES is better" :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Once again Sean came up with another real kernal of wisdom for "newbies" and "experts" alike: "If you are fishing for big Lakers less is better" Fishing thoe derby is very different than usual fishing where you are looking to catch a lot of fish. You are looking only for the BIGGEST fish and the numbers of smaller fish just get in the way and you lose time messing with them when your "big fish" equipment should be in the water. Big fish didn't become big fish by being stupid....they behave differently than smaller fish and have different eating habits and requirements and the objective is to quickly figure out what those differences are, what the current conditions have to do with the situation, and how you can exploit it to your benefit. Good luckto all who give it a shot :) I guess if I was in a smack talking mood I'd probably say something like " If you are fishing for big lakers LES is better" :lol:

Nice one! Yup if I was fishing big Lakers I'd have three or four of my top baits in and that would be it. Hit the same big fish hide outs all day and whait for it to happen!