Seneca Derby 2014. Introduce you and your boat!

Never run more than 6 during that derby. Run the boards short as well . Too many genius bait fishermen drop anchor 100ft in front of you, leaving you to make drastic turns. A lot easier to snake through the traffic on the shoreline. Different story running the deep water though, a lot more space.

I also go with Kevin's logic.....run shorter especially in congested areas. I used to run my boards in the conventional way but with all the "yahoos" during derby time I have learned that my outriggers are a better choice as it tends to keep them at a further distance. I have even put fluorescent tape on the outriggers to ward them off :lol:  We run 6 rods max and sometimes only 2 or 3 for certain things.....there are times when pulling a whole bunch of lines through shallow water or in congested areas is not necessarily the best strategy....

Never run more than 6 during that derby. Run the boards short as well . Too many genius bait fishermen drop anchor 100ft in front of you, leaving you to make drastic turns. A lot easier to snake through the traffic on the shoreline. Different story running the deep water though, a lot more space.

easy on the bait fisherman some of us have had some pretty good luck come derby time with bait!!! And in my opinion fishing less lures is not a disadvantage 4 rods 4 lures 9 rods 9 lures is how my boat goes and it is all about placement and capitalizing on the zone you want to fish if I want to fish 9

Lures at 40 down I choose the rods that make that happen! Using multiple presentations and techniques! Just like fishing the flta tournaments I have never once reached the 20 lure max but I have also never once felt at a disadvantage. And mr. Oaks carful who you bet with hahaha

Im pretty confident with a rig. As you know, ive had 30 plus years of practice at it. That said, its all in fun. I could lose that bet, but im sure it would be a close finish. I wouldn't mind the 5 spoons for 3 hrs bet either. We might both learn something from that. Even if it wasn't for money, I'd still be curious enough to give it a shot. Competition makes life interesting, and there are plenty of talented fishermen here on this site.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Im pretty confident with a rig. As you know, ive had 30 plus years of practice at it. That said, its all in fun. I could lose that bet, but im sure it would be a close finish. I wouldn't mind the 5 spoons for 3 hrs bet either. We might both learn something from that. Even if it wasn't for money, I'd still be curious enough to give it a shot. Competition makes life interesting, and there are plenty of talented fishermen here on this site.

tomorrow as you know is the flta tournament and if you like competition lets make it really fun 6 lures tomorrow no more extra 20 dollars

Hmm... if it wasn't for the points, I would take you up on it. I'd like to have a good finish in the club this year. How about big fish Friday? Im fishing it with my niece and she isn't rig savy. Im not really geared for anything other than rigs at this point. I will be by memorial weekend. Maybe a side tourny for others to get into big fish Fri. With a 6 lure limit.

I'd be in for a big fish Friday. Not for any lure limits though. Last year we got a 12 lb Brown the Monday before the Derby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hmm... if it wasn't for the points, I would take you up on it. I'd like to have a good finish in the club this year. How about big fish Friday? Im fishing it with my niece and she isn't rig savy. Im not really geared for anything other than rigs at this point. I will be by memorial weekend. Maybe a side tourny for others to get into big fish Fri. With a 6 lure limit.

i would be more then willing to do that but as I posted before unfortunately I know I will be working that day!!! And a good finish is more then possible with less then 20 lures!!!!

Not picking on bait fishermen, sorry if it came off that way. Some genius in an old 70's trihull last year dropped anchor 50 yds in front of our bow. With a boat on the inside, had to turn sharp, I ran to the side and had to pull the board in fast as I could, causing the board lines to tangle. Myself and the other boat let him know how bright his decision was lol

Not picking on bait fishermen, sorry if it came off that way. Some genius in an old 70's trihull last year dropped anchor 50 yds in front of our bow. With a boat on the inside, had to turn sharp, I ran to the side and had to pull the board in fast as I could, causing the board lines to tangle. Myself and the other boat let him know how bright his decision was lol

ok so maybe that is not the best decision on his part lol.... I only said it because I have done a lot of bait fishing it is a lot of fun but I know what you mean about the anchored boats I drift when I do it not all that much better but at least you know I'm going with the wind lol

Ok Joe. I got my boat rigged for a quality, not quantity, sport fishing outfit. Owasco is good for me. 6 rods. No lure limit, just 6 rods. 20 dollars bet, maybe others get in too. Im looking forward to this !

come on now 6 rods is not the same as six lures 4 of your rods could still be rig rods! Six lures in the water at a time I'm willing to go with it let's have some fun