Walleye in Wayne co.,NY

Ron14551

Hi everyone. I would like to try fishing for them is year. going to take off opening day.so I am looking for places around wayne co. to fish for them. the only bad thing about it, I don't own a boat. so I would be shore fishing. anyone know of any spots.

Ron

This is in reply to a pm i can't seem to reply to.post-142867-13982717920997_thumb.jpgthe walleyes i've caught at swift's have all been tight up to the falls. Best spot is right side of the falls. You'll have to cross both foot bridges and walk across the other spillway to get there. After a lot of rain the other spillway will be going too and you can't walk over it. At aquaduct walleyes hang out in the fast water just under the old powerhouse. Another spot to try is behind the fire department in macedon. There is a boat launch on a channel there with a good current.lots on smallmouth there and some walleyes. I don't fish for walleye,the ones i catch are accidents while pike fishing so i don't know much about walleye baits. In those snag filled spots i use musky size spinnerbaits. My wife got a nice walleye on a white mepps musky killer at swifts last fall. My brother goes after walleyes there and he likes black curly tail grubs on a black jig head. He says just before dark is best. Hope this helps