Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnplav

Gloucester Haddock

Fished on the Lisa & Jake out of Gloucester Mass.  Great guys, top notch boat and gear.  If you're going to make the trip, I highly recommend them.  The 6 of us combined to bring home 200+ keeper haddock, and a few cod.  Threw back just as many sub-legal fish, also caught some small pollock and ocean perch.  What a day. 

www.kaymancharters.com

post-140942-0-68239300-1398258536_thumb.jpg

post-140942-0-19615700-1398258545_thumb.jpg

post-140942-0-17509000-1398258650_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a great time.  Going out there Memorial Day weekend.  Hoping to find time to do a charter.

Not to discourage anybody but the new regs have rec anglers at 3 haddock and 9 cod PP. Gonna hurt the charterboat industry big time.

It makes no sense to me.

Spike

I may be misinformed, but I think the catch regulations are to protect a fishery population that is estimated to be about 5% of what it once was. Whether restrictions on private anglers will significantly help the restoration of a fishery decimated by decades of commercial overfishing is uncertain.

Commercial creel regulations and countries that ignore the regulations are inadequate to support a viable fishery by natural reproduction. I wouldn't be surprised to see further reductions and/or restrictions in coming years.

Edited by John E Powell

6 of us are going one a 3day 2 night trip.  I thought the size was cod 19 inch 9 per day, haddock 21 inch unlimited, Pollock unlimited and halibut 1 per day over 41 inch, has this changed?

That is still a lot of fish.  Even more if you can get the bay fish like Stripers and Blues.

No go pro crew! That's awesome I wish my guys could go for a bachelor party uP there. Nobody fishes!

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app