Weekend blow

Heading out Saturday for a few days. Looks like it's going to blow Saturday and Sunday, at least. Trying to formulate a plan B. Are any of the harbors worth trolling if you can't get on the lake? Refering to Oswego, Fairhaven and Sodus. Seems most reports are from outside the harbors. If that is the case we'll look to head to Cayuga or Seneca. Any recommendations on which one we should target? I have been on Cayuga a few times but last spring we didn't do much fishing out of Dean's. We were told we should have gone further south. Fear with that is further south = larger waves when the wind is N-NW.

Thanks for any info.

Spike

Some fantastic fishing occurs during North wind blows between the piers at most ports.  Browns and cohos move right into the warmer water that gets shoved inside.

Oswego Harbor was good for a few bites the other day. Between the walls outside the harbor has produced a few also.

FYI, the can by the lighrhouse is in the wrong spot. Maybe it'll be moved by the weekend. It was still there Tuesday.

Thanks for the info. Looks like it could settle down enuf for us by Sunday. If not Irondequoit is the same distance as Cayuga from Oswego. Maybe try there and if it lays down go outside from there on that particular day. We only have a few days so hopefully the wind is kind enuf to let us get some fishing in.

Spike

Good luck out there Capt Spike.....hopefully you guys flatten it out for our crew the following weekend

Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I'f you drive south and don't fish Ontario hit Seneca not Cayuga. If you got to go to Seneca get on my site and give me a call. I'll be on the water and let you know where to go. Three years ago I'd of sent you to Cayuga the lampreys took care of that. Sean

Good luck out there Capt Spike.....hopefully you guys flatten it out for our crew the following weekend

Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

We'll be there till Wed. so hoping it lays down for a couple days anyway. Plan is never too bad either just more driving. Either way it's Fishing.

Looks like it might be a little rough on Saturday but Sunday looks better.

http://graphical.weather.gov/sectors/bufMarineWeek.php#tabs

Saw that. Hoping it lays down sooner for Saturday so maybe we can get the evening bite.

I'f you drive south and don't fish Ontario hit Seneca not Cayuga. If you got to go to Seneca get on my site and give me a call. I'll be on the water and let you know where to go. Three years ago I'd of sent you to Cayuga the lampreys took care of that. Sean

I'll be sure to do that. Thanks for the help.

Spike