NY Muskies Inc. Chapter 69 2014 Tiger Tournament May 10th

tiger-300x225.jpg

The 2014 NY M.I. Chapter 69 Tiger Musky Tournament will be Saturday May 10th,2014 on Otisco Lake. *As an open tournament, anyone is welcome to participate*
The tournament will be based out of the Otisco Lake Campground Launch 1544 Otisco Valley Road, Marietta, NY 13110. The tournament will begin at 7 AM and fishing will conclude at 3 PM. Registration will be at the launch on the day of the tournament, one hour before the start until 15 minutes after the start.

The entry fee is $30 per person. Launch fees are $9.

Payouts will be 50% to first place, 30% to second place, and 20% to third place. after administration fees

The Muskies Inc Points System (combination of number of fish and their length) will be used to determine the winner.

No judge boats will be used; please be sure to have a measuring device and digital or cell phone camera on board to verify your catch.

For the complete list of details, be sure to read our open tournament tournament rules available HERE.

Edited by muskiedreams

This year with Lake Erie Ice Boom still in as of today and the water will be extra cool on Lake Erie for any early walleye night action or smallmouth day action,so no charters until the mid part of May.This frees me up this year to fish the NY Muskies Tiger Muskie Tourney,can't wait!

Tigers are the most beautiful of all Esox.

indeed they are! I'll be there with 3 of my sons. At least they say they're going,we'll see. I got one of the cabins there for friday night. 82 bucks with dock and launch fee. I will have the coffee on saturday am. Changed my oil,filters,plugs and impeller today and fired her up. I am soooo ready to fish again! I was going to stay 2 nights and fish sunday until wife informed me sunday is mother's day.

I'm hoping to make it. Weather won't stop me but work might, will try and make it if I don't have to work. Never tried Otisco for tigers before, not sure if I should be casting or trolling this early in the season.

From What I heard, at last year's tournament many of the fish were caught trolling. The biggest one was caught casting. Small walleye size baits are the general rule like Rapala Husky Jerks and similar baits. Ones with a lot of silver. Spoons could do the trick too. It might not hurt to try some a little larger.

You might want to check out Pages 2 and 3 in this forum topic. There are quite a few posts for Otisco Lake and one on page 3 from last year's tournament. There is a variety of lures mentioned.

Old Man check out the lure in the post titled Otisco 9/11.

Im gonna join the fun...Tracy and I are all settled in here in our rv, so I wont miss it like last year! Should be a great time, and looking forward to meeting everyone. I met Nitromusky this weekend...he camped right next to our rv...weather was very tough, and fushing was tougher.

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Water temps finally went up a few degrees....47 today.  Ponds on each end of the lake are 54-56.  We will be over 50 in the main lake by saturday, and hopefully we will get some better fishing.  Didnt see any action this morning or last night.

We had a tough time out there today with the wind and crazy water temps . We abandoned our trolling program and went in shallow warm water (8-10) and Scotty caught 3 tigers in the last hour casting a pink hj14. Matt n I got zippo aside from bass and walleye I lost. Scotty finished 3rd with 1 31"...the other 2 were 29+ but not 30. Had a great time meeting the muskie inc guys and look forward to their return.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-13997582066044_thumb.jpg

post-151276-13997582263981_thumb.jpg

post-151276-13997582437892_thumb.jpg