NY Muskies Inc. Chapter 69 2014 Tiger Tournament May 10th

Had a great time at the tournament - always fun getting to see everyone and do some fishing together.  Congrats to the top three guys - 1st place was 39", 2nd was a tie with a pair of 31" fish.  Those were only fish over the qualifying 30" mark caught for the field - tough day for everyone it seemed.  We had two small tigers follow (both under 30") but couldn't boat anything that was wasn't a bass - got one large mouth and one small mouth.  Also got to see a bald eagle come down and snatch a fish out of the water 50 yards from the boat as well... that was pretty cool! 

Water temps and rain run-off played big factor today.  Temps on the south end were 51 and 58 up on the north.  Run off from the rain created huge mud plums that spread widely into the main part of the lake.  Also saw an incredible amount of dying-off sunfish on the north end.  Looked like a very easy "musky buffet" of sunfish available.  Not sure what caused that?

The tournament had a great turn-out.  29 members participated (even more than the bass tournament on the lake that day!).  I can't remember the last time a musky tourney had more participants than a bass tourney the same day.  I would have probably been better suited fishing the bass tournament that day :lol:

post-139486-0-48513700-1399811416_thumb.jpg

Happy mother's day to all those mother's out there (and thanks for letting me and my brother go fishing yesterday!)  We had a great time and look forward to participating again next year.

I didn't catch any fish but had a good time getting on the water and tageting teeth for the first time this year. The weather was better than I thought it would be and it was good to get together with everyone and meeting many members of this forum and MI Chapter 69 members I haven't met before as well as other participants I have never met.

I want to thank everyone for participating and helping to make it such a good time.

Justin, Thanks for the coffee in the morning. It hit the spot.

Good luck to all of you this season. Hope to see you all on the water.

Steve Glassic

VP, MI Chapter 69

My buddies and I had a wedding yesterday so we were only able to get out for a few hours (unfortunately).

In 4 hours we hit 6 tigers (10 total for the week) and about the same for bass, top tiger being my buddy's 34" and I picked up a 21" largemouth on a homemade lure I have been working on since last fall. (Good luck with it Chad- it's almost there!)

post-148012-13998440444898_thumb.jpgpost-148012-1399844064038_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Tigerhunter

Haha Trevor!! I wish I had your prototype. My buddy I was fishing with got it! We tried for a while during the tournament and our whole boat was pretty impressed with it. Next time I'll have you just mail me one instead of an "on the water" exchange ;)

Sent from Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm going to make a few more with different weighting this week and hopefully find a combo to keep the nose down (and hopefully not screw up the clearcoat). I had to work last year and had a wedding this year....next year I HAVE to make it for the tourney!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app