I think it's funny that some guys continue to say that rules were changed when in fact a country changed it's laws for border crossing. A lot of the same people complaining fish other events where borders are closed, and have no issues with those events. No rules have been changed! The simple fact of the matter is the border requires a phone call at the time of crossing. No Comm has been a rule since day 1, which means no phone call. There is really no way around those two statements without CHANGING rules.

My brother and I have one of the worst boats in the field for speed and fuel consumption. We have made 2 hour runs before in tourneys, and would love to fish Canadian waters for this event. Especially, because we feel most of the field is green when it comes to Canadian waters. I don't like that the border is closed, but I also realize there are other options out there when it comes to fishing Salmon during this event.

Rick is exactly correct no rules were changed for the WHI. It is a "no communication" event and because a country has "tightened" it's policies for border crossing it has now become impossible to uphold the no communication rule and cross legally.

My team for one is grateful for the invitation to fish the WHI. We are looking forward to competing against Lake Ontario's finest tournament teams in the most prestigious event of the year!

Prime Time Pete

I have been reading this and I can't believe all the cackling going on. Fish our U.S. waters and that's it. Don't like it don't fish the tournament. Everybody is now on the same playing field, period. Enjoy, be safe, and catch fish. No, I am not fishing this event.

I have been reading this and I can't believe all the cackling going on. Fish our U.S. waters and that's it. Don't like it don't fish the tournament. Everybody is now on the same playing field, period. Enjoy, be safe, and catch fish. No, I am not fishing this event.

Well said. Funny how a guy spends hundreds or more man hours to put on such a great event and gets blasted for something that is so obvious to most of us.