Over the counter license

When we were up a couple of weeks ago the over the counter licensing system was down.  We stopped at 3 different stores before someone let us know it was on the state's end and we had to purchase licenses on the computer.  Had to go back to the hotel and thankfully they had a computer with a printer.

Not sure if they got the issue resolved, but if you're headed out and you don't have a license yet, I'd get one online to be safe.

It took us over 4 hours to finally get licensed and able to fish once we hit NY. 

Only in NY is a slow limping license system replaced with a worse broken system.(from everything I have read so far}I hope they have the Kinks worked out by the time my is up for my usual last minute renewal.But I have my doubts.    

The delay was due to a change in the system the state was using. It was published in local papers. I got my license a couple weeks ago without issue. I have also heard of problems registering online and yes u do need a printer. Overall I have never had a problem obtaining a license other than once when dicks was all sold out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The delay was due to a change in the system the state was using. It was published in local papers. I got my license a couple weeks ago without issue. I have also heard of problems registering online and yes u do need a printer. Overall I have never had a problem obtaining a license other than once when dicks was all sold out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The post said a couple of weeks ago.They changed the system over at the end of December into early January.That is nearly 3 months ago.Maybe time flew by for hawkeye from catching so many fish.Changing over didn't effect me and I read about it myself before it happened.I have never had a problem obtaining a licence ether.However I have waited in line for a couple of hours to  get it while there "slow limping system" that would take 10 to 15 minutes to process 1 person.Ok I will take some of the blame.Like I said in my post last minute.    

We came up April 12.  We lost 1/3 of our fishing time chasing down a fishing license.  To drive 9 hours and loose that much fishing time sucks no matter who you are or how many fish you catch.  Just trying to help others avoid the same problem.

The system may be fine now or maybe not, but everyone in my fishing parties will be licensed before we get to NY so we don't loose any more time on the water.