New Spark Plugs for Mercruiser 4.3L V6 1991

Adk1

I want to install new spark plugs in my islander. anyone know off the top of their heads what particular brand and model of plug I should be getting?

AC Delcos.  GM motors run best on those for some reason.  But if you can't find them champions have been around for a while.  Just make sure it is a resistor plug or it will interfere with your electronics.

According to NAPA these should work.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Spark-Plug-Copper-Core/_/R-ASP25_0388754273

Edited by Chas0218

Mercuiser service manual 1988-1993 4.3L (262 /V-6)Thunderbolt IV calls for spark plug 59571. As a personal suggestion, I would run NGK BR6FS or AC -MR43T. You may find others have a preference. Obviously don't forget to gap. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys will be buying the ad delcos. I have owned the boat for one and a quarter seasons. No idea when there have been new plugs installed. Will be replacing them none the less. Having said that and knowing the maintenance on the engine really, what else should I be looking to replace that I can do myself? Distributor cap I am thinking? Plug wires?

Edited by Adk1

I always change the engine oil and filter and lower unit oil. Haven't changed the fuel filter yet but that's a good idea...now to just figure out that part number

Mercuiser service manual 1988-1993 4.3L (262 /V-6)Thunderbolt IV calls for spark plug 59571. As a personal suggestion, I would run NGK BR6FS or AC -MR43T. You may find others have a preference. Obviously don't forget to gap. Hope this helps.

Well, I went to Autozone expecting to get the AcDelcos..no dice. Ended up with the NGK's