My first brown trout outing of the year, on Lake Michigan.

I drove 5 hours to Minnesota to pick up my old friend Terry, and then we drove 6 more hours to get to Sheboygan, WI, on the shore of Lake Michigan.  We arrived yesterday, around 1:00 P.M., Got our hotel room, bought our 2 day fishing license, and headed out to the lake.We fought a stiff westerly wind all afternoon, and finished the night with just 2 nice browns and a lake trout.  Today a a northeaster blew in a cold front, but we found a warm water discharge to fish, and despite the blustery conditions, we managed 9 browns and 2 decent lakers. We had a much better spoon bite than stickbaits, and our stud spoon was a magnum Moonshine Happee Meal spoon.  Riggers and leadcore were the most effective system for us today. Our two big browns went 9 & 10 pounds today, and the lakers were 16 and 12 pounds.  The rest of the browns were of the cookie cutter variety.  It was my friend Terry's first ever outing on Lake Michigan, and he caught the 3 biggest Browns of his life, and the the largest lake trout he has ever caught as well.  His 3 big browns were 8, 9 and 10 pounds, and he also landed the 16 pound laker for the big fish of the trip.  We are tired and beat up, but will be heading home with a cooler full of tasty fish.  Thanks

post-150571-0-44038000-1398570503_thumb.jpg

post-150571-0-20576500-1398570554_thumb.jpg

post-150571-0-02006700-1398570586_thumb.jpg

WTG John. Your report also reminds me why we Finger Lakes/Lake O fishermen need to be reminded of how good we really have it here being able to just drive a few minutes or an hour or so for outstanding fishing. It hasn't always been that way so we can't a take it for granted. Nice report John and great fishing. Best of luck to ya. Les