It seems like fishing is spectacular out there all along the shoreline. Rochester was no exception today. We ran  stick baits off our boards (100-120 ft back) slide divers pulling Finger lakes Tackle UV spoons ( 75 ft back and 12-18 ft from boat). And some DW Super slims off our cannons ( 65 ft back).   I can't say there was any set pattern as everything took shots. I will say that the larger Bomber in "cindy" pattern was very active....Our final numbers were + 45 bites for roughly 35 with a giant Small Mouth Bass. There are quite a few kings around and had three wreck my leaders.... I used some P line 12 lb leaders and I'm not impressed.....broke off three different kings on that stuff. I'm stripping off all of it , and I'm going back to Seguar.    Good luck out there.....

Yea matt pline sucks! Learned that one years ago. Trilene makes good stuff as well. Sorry I didn't talk to you at the dock as much as I would've like to ,crazy, crazy. Like we said, I hope the sharks stick around, it has been years since I have seen this many around and 3yr olds to boot. Bring it on.

Edited by brucehookedup

I tried the P line Flouro Clear.......SUCKS!!!!   In the past five years I can count on one hand the number of break offs Ive had with Seguar .....Break offs from just a fish, not from wrapping around another line, cable, or prop ect.....Sunday I had three straight up crack offs on screamers.....No tangles and I check leaders after every fish.....I guarantee 100% is was from poor line.....That being said, I can only blame myself because I should have stuck with what worked for me all these years, rather than try something new......We all have our opinions as to what will work and what won't. The best advice I can give out is to stick with what works.....If you put fish in the boat with straight green mono, have at it! If your down with running flouro, cool....just stay away from P line......LOL......Oh by the way, I spent the morning rigging all my rods with Seguar.......Tight lines boys!

I learned how temperamental P-Line Flouro was fishing smallies on Lake Erie years ago. One nick in the line is all it takes.

Stick with Seguar, Gamma, or McCoy. We've had really good luck with McCoy over the last 5 or 6 years. It's not as easy to get as Seguar. Hence why I recommend you stick with that.

When fishing Kings with paddles Flouro isn't needed, but fishing Trout with small spoons and sticks I highly recommend it. Like I've always said....if it gets me 1 more bite each trip out it's worth it.

I have had awesome results with P-line Fluoroclear , we spool it onto our reels but we do use the heavier versions, the 25lb clear. Never had any trouble at all with this co-polymer line. Strange that you guys are not liking it. 

I have had awesome results with P-line Fluoroclear , we spool it onto our reels but we do use the heavier versions, the 25lb clear. Never had any trouble at all with this co-polymer line. Strange that you guys are not liking it.

I run the 30# version for divers and pike leader (winter). Love it. Zero issues.

how deep of water are you finding all the fish recently.. i have not been out in about 2 weeks and they were in really close to shore at sandy creek. i am possibly looking to get out this week if the weather cooperates. any info would be helpfull . thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

how deep of water are you finding all the fish recently.. i have not been out in about 2 weeks and they were in really close to shore at sandy creek. i am possibly looking to get out this week if the weather cooperates. any info would be helpfull . thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

you may want to start a new topic on this it will probably get more responses