Time to start talking Spring Fling for panfish

bosco

Tough to beat Honeoye for the Crappie ang 'gills at the south end. The radar's out and I'll be keeping tabs on when it starts to get hot. Anyone else wanna chime in? Where's the action....other than the ponds in Greece where you have to piss off the local residents with the parking situation and fight for a spot fishing elbow to elbow for the Perch. Great action but I hate a rat race for my time at the water's edge.

I'm definetely going to be keeping an eye on honeoye but in the meantime if you like big gils and sunnies you should give seneca a try tons of em in there I tried yesterday got about 25 kept 5 12inchers for dinner...and the best thing is if the boat isn't ready yet you can get them right from shore off the docks!

Nice...I might just giver her a try. Although I could put the boat in Irondequoit Bay for perch now. Ice opened up to the 2nd set of navigation buoys. Yesterday one lone nutcase out on the ice fishing out by those second markers and as close to the edge and to open water as even an insane mind would allow. I've seen em do it like that up at Bay of Quinte for the Eyes but damn.....it sure looked lonely and unsafe for that guy. He's got bigger ones than I THAT's for sure!!

I've caught so many perch through the ice I'm "perched out" lol...Sodus bay is another great spot for spring crappie I hear the ice around the bridge is starting to go away...This is a great place to start...get out early or there wont be anywhere to fish shore or boat! But when it's on honeoye crappies pale in comparision to the size of the sodus bay crappie..I've caught slabs in both bodies of water but less 9-10 inchers at sodus

My mistake I may have goofed up with the keyboard lol.....But the crappie are definetely bigger in sodus I'm gonna ride out that way tonight to see how much is open..If it's open near the bridge one good rain will bring them there in large numbers...I'll keep you posted

For the fisherman in my area (Chaumont Bay) dont forget about the areas in front of the outlets. When the ice rescedes it ought to be the best fishing/most dangerous. I am pooped from ice fishing and took last weekend off. I organized my tackle for the open water and my living room looked like someone threw some TNT into the fishing section at Gander MTN. I plan to hit the ice this weekend at Chaumont in the staging areas for spawing around those inlets. The creeks are flowing well and I think the fish are responding with some schooling up in those areas. Could be too early but I will give it a shot.

Sunday's looking like 45 and partly sunny. Might be the best bet to get out and see what's shakin. I'm thinking Honeoye just for familiarities sake. Hopefully, I'll have a good report. If anyone else has been out that way....a report would be much appreciated.