I don't know about anybody else but the last time I used flea flicker I experienced extreme line twist due to the flea flicker not being a perfectly round line, it was manufactured oblong because the fleas couldn't grab onto the oblong shape. Ande or big game in 30 lb. Is round and large enough diameter that the fleas have a hard time attaching themselves. I don't know if cortland fixed the issue or if anyone else experienced the same problem. Just my 2cents.

Blood Run Sea Flee works the best for fleas but it does have a lot of "stretch" to it....30 lb Big Game works fine in most cases too.

I'm looking to put all new line on my reels. What's the opinion of flee flicker vs heavier mono?

No more fleaflicker, Cortland discontinued the line at the start of this season. Blood Run's 30# Sea Flee line has really worked great for me. It relies on its diameter and its slick line coating to repell fleas. It also has a round shape unlike the oval shape of cortland fleaflicker line which most guys didnt like too much. 

Blood Run is testing a 20lb version of the Sea Flee line this season, as well as introducing a new "Niagara Green" color in June (in 30lb test).    This line did the trick last year on Lake O and the Finger Lakes.     Be sure to wrap 7 times on a Blacks release...the line is pretty slick.    The line could be difficult to get ahold of for a while, Narby's, All Season's and Fat Nancy's are the only dealers in stock at the moment.

Edited by profishient1

I used to use 20 lb flea flicker. It does keep the fleas off.  I had less severe line twist as I used really good ball bearing swivels (spro).  But I did find it to be weaker, would break at knots and if I had the torpedo weight on it. 

I switched to 30 lb big game based on the advice of people on the forum. I haven't had any flea problems on that line either and I haven't had any break offs.  So I'm now sticking to big game.

I fish Lake O.

I have some 20 or 25lb flea flicker on my Penn 320s and never have any issues with the line. I would run a leader of mono from a barrel swivel to the lure though. I haven't used those reels in a few years though. Now All my primary salmon reels now are spooled with 30b Berkley big game. I never had issues with fleas on that line. Just leader down if you want to fish browns during the peak of flea season. You should 'to have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app