Keuka Keuka 4/28/14

One of the BEST, solo, trolling only days on Keuka,so far, :yes:  I went 12 for 14, had fish at all levels all over the lake,same set-up as before, Glo Frog Racer Spin Doctors with either a Reel Hooked Up Fly or a Spin-Glo, also had some on a Luhr Jensen #00 flasher, hammered design with peanut flies, mag Dipsies, #2 setting, non-stop action @ 280'/300' back, started out with 3 poles, ended up running 1 at 1 point because no longer after setting the drag down, FISH ON, wire and braid, 1 became seagull food, 3 pot bellied females came home, all the rest were released, but hopefully educated. "selfie" pic is for Erabbit to compete with his "tie"........I have my "hat"  :P

post-144605-0-51424300-1398777180_thumb.jpg post-144605-0-36223000-1398777202_thumb.jpg post-144605-0-87175300-1398777247_thumb.jpg post-144605-0-07084400-1398777299_thumb.jpg post-144605-0-30555200-1398777322_thumb.jpg

One of the BEST, solo, trolling only days on Keuka,so far, :yes:. "selfie" pic is for Erabbit to compete with his "tie"........I have my "hat"  :P

100_6312.JPG

:lol: ....... Nice report..... :yes:  :yes:  :yes: ...... the hat..... :bandit: ...... :mooning: ...... I'll stay with the tie....... but I do have  two new hats...... :P ....NEW !!!!!!! :hi:

Also a terrific jig bite at the end of the bluff after 3:00. Saw one bait school that went from the bottom to the surface in 100 fow. That's a lot of fish. Lakers all the way from 70 to 130 fow. Not a lot of swallowed sawbellies though. Saw the resident eagle fly over again. Keuka is just a lake trout factory.

..........quit leaving that eyesore laying around :lol:  and another thing, I hope you get those repairs done soon my Grand Daughter is learning awful vulgar language listening to you working on it and sexually molesting Sean's goats when he isn't there............it's a right to farm area, NOT a old tug boat grave yard, your bringing down my property value, when I first heard you call your boat "The Old Whore" I just thought it was a cute pet name............ :*

Also a terrific jig bite at the end of the bluff after 3:00. Saw one bait school that went from the bottom to the surface in 100 fow. That's a lot of fish. Lakers all the way from 70 to 130 fow. Not a lot of swallowed sawbellies though. Saw the resident eagle fly over again. Keuka is just a lake trout factory.

Must have just missed you as three of us left the bluff at 2:55. We rookies even caught our limits of lakers (17 to 25") by jigging in 100 to 150' fow. We were the only ones there and just drifted randomly in front of the bluff with the NE wind. Sorry that I did not have my camera.

Lakers are marinating as I speak! These fillets will be the first that I have had from here. Everyone says the lakers from Keuka are the best.

My very FIRST Post Marty, is on you!!! ( Marty used to be my BFFF{Badgered Fishing Fool Friend}!)  But I was replaced by "FRANK"(my first name of choice),his Automatic, death defying, fearless, BETTER THAN I...SUPER-DUPER TROLLING MOTOR!!!  I still love you man!  Don"t know why , but I do! (isn't that part of a song?)  Anyways, ENOUGH OF THAT!!!   btw...those fish you gave me, one female...other two were males!  So, what you thought were fat hens were just really healthy fish.  Do you always use Dipsies?  I know  use to be your BFFF but I think ,when you first started that you use to use the downriggers.  You still have those Power Downriggers?  I think that's how I hurt my back on Saturday when I went to Keuka.  Reelin in 170 feet of cable with my feet in the boat, but my torso facing the Stern.  Just now getting over the pain. I did notice that we caught 2 small akers in a row when I put on a green and white spoon(forget the name of it)larger than what I normally use.  Didn't even have pole in holder yet when I realized that I had "TROUT ON"!  Fish were so small that they couldn't even trip the release.  Caught on other that way and turned the boat at the bluff, thought everything was ok. Got back tonorth end of lake across from state launch, asked NEW BFFF to reel in downrigger pole on port side and when he did...ALL FOUR LINES WERE ENTANGLED!  Lost favorite lure of the day on east downrigger, but had nice laker on west one.  PERSONAL LESSON #1...DON'T ATTEMPT TO TURN ON KEUKA WITH DOWNRIGGERS AND LEADCORE OUT! AMEN!! 

*** HEY...THIS IS FUN!!!   For those of you who are either rolling your eyes or reciting colorful superlatives, NO WORRIES...I WILL NEVER BLABBER THIS MUCH EVER AGAIN!  I am very excited 'bout getting tons and tons of valuable fishing advice from, "THE PROFESSIONALS"!   That would and should and could include you too Marty,,,IF YOU'D ONLY RESPOND TO MY TEXTS!!! :>(

p.s.   I won't answer my work phone...I PROMISE!!!  :>)   CAN I PLEASE, PLEASE GO FISHIN'WITCHYA???

Edited by dogcop