New Wilson tackle shop.

Has anyone found this place yet?

It supposedly opened a while ago. I've looked for it on three occasions and still can't find it. The few people I've talked to describe where they think it is, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Can someone who has actually been there describe in great detail exactly where it is located and how to get there?

I don't believe so. I've heard on 425, and I've heard right in the harbor between the boathouse restaurant and the piers. The owner was at a LOTSA meeting back in March and handed out a sheet. I didn't notice at the time, but there was no address on the sheet (that I can find anyway).

This is a second store for the owner, his first store is somewhere in the southtowns.

Edited by John E Powell

I believe Dan Colville is opening a shop in Wilson.  I think it is located right in the harbor.  His shop in Hamburg is called Colville Outfitters, 716-572-9268, I'm not sure of the name of the shop in the harbor or when it will be opening.  I've been down to his shop (Hamburg) a few times and have been extremely happy.  Great shop and a nice guy.  

I have driven that road twice and there isn't a business operating there that I can see, no sign on any structure. They were to have a grand opening some time ago, if they are actually open, I can't imagine they will be in business very long. No one seems to have a clue where they are.

Maybe the grand opening date was overly optimistic and they haven't actually opened for business yet.

In any case, they need a sign...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

So it sounds like if you stand by the Boatyard gas dock and look across the harbor it will be to the left of the boatyard property - across the channel from the Tuscarora Yacht club? Can you walk there from the boatyard property or do you have to get there from the pier road?

I think I know where you are describing, but without a sign, I am hesitant to walk on what might end up, if I am wrong, as someone's private property and come face to face with a guard dog or something...

No guard dogs in that area. It's very friendly. If you see the candy boat (31' Tiara) it's right up the steps from that.

Yes you can see it from the gas shack.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Finally found it on the road leading to the harbor-mouth pier. A sign was hung this past weekend which explains why I was having so much difficulty finding it. The building doesn't seem to have a street address posted, but it is directly across the street from a house with a clearly posted address of 129. You can park at the sewage treatment parking area next to the pier, or park in the Wilson boathouse/boatyard parking lot and walk past the slips and shops on the right side of the harbor and go up the stairs at the very end of the walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

His Hamburg store is well stocked with lures used by local fishermen and demonstrates that "local knowledge" is important. Something the "big box stores" fail to appreciate when you drive there and do not find the hot lures you desire.