This is the first year I have boat set up for kings dipsys leadcore down riggers etc. I have been doing well last few years with sprung browns of planerboards but never invested in other equipment.

My question is any pointers on where and what equipment would be best to use next week as I have off from work would be greatly helpful . Would love to catch my father a king. We haven't been out since his father my grandpa passed 15 years ago. (Third strike arneys marinara sodus pt.)

Thanks

Sent from my ADR6350 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Start here.   I just searched "spring king tips"  in the forums search window.

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

From what I understand, Kings, lakers, coho etc aren't really "set up" at this point.   No real thermocline, and they are all actively feeding.   Someone said start by finding bait schools

in 20 - 100 fow and where you find bait, you will find fish.

Good luck!

Irondequoite pier to Webster park pier has been red hot action the past couple weeks in 10 to 30 FOW..Kings,Cohos,and Atlantic salmon,with lakers and brown trout in the mix also. DW and michigan stinger spoons set 5 to15ft down off the riggers and smithwick rogues and Jr thunder sticks off the boards.. We landed 3 nice kings ther this mornin,10 to 15lbs

Thanks just looking for a starting point. Sure if they are out there well run into them been doing great this year on browns with a few lakers and steelhead in the mix just wanna find a king or two while I'm on vacation

Thanks

Sent from my ADR6350 using Lake Ontario United mobile app