Marine parts?

Anyone have any recommendations of a good marina=parts store?I have been trying to do business with my local Marina for 15 years now they always rub me the wrong way.They seem to belittle me because I don't have a brand new Etec or a 2014 Yamaha and don't want to pay them $100 plus hr for service.Just looking for a place that carries a good inventory of(ancient) late 80s omc parts that treat there customers with a little respect.Conesus or Honeyoe  would be good.Even driving an hour would be better than giving my local marina another penny of my hard earned money.Done with my rant Thanks    

+1 for seagars they were able to get me parts for my old Jonson, staff has always been helpful with answering questions regarding doing my own repairs on my motors, trident never returns calls or offered to lend advice they just want your money. Even tried buying a new motor through them and they never returned calls with quotes I asked for! End rant

I would avoid trident in honeoye like the plague.

Thanks zack I was wondering that. No Luck this mornig at the Conesus Marinas.Guess I should have tried 

Seagar Marine in Canandaigua or Geneva.

• 4 years later...
10 hours ago, zarogers1 said:

i go to cooks boat repair in Lansing and have had no problem so far.

Gotta disagree.. i brought an older mid 80's   Merc 9.5 to them for a water pump.. Hour job maybe, no biggie right??.. $350  to install an impeller that cost them less than $20.. NEVER used them again, NEVER will, and I tell every person I can why .. bob

Mayers Marina at the entrance of Irondeqoit Bay has all the parts you need, although 1980s may be a bit too modern for old Bill Mayer. He carries more 50s to 70s parts. His knowledge of both engines and parts is fantastic.

Note that original post from 2014:smile: Seagers in Canandaigua is reliable. Talk with either Doug or Bob at the Parrish Street location. They have some older OMC parts Jeff is an excellent mechanic. 21 Parrish Street Canandaigua 585-394-1372 (Service Department)

Edited by Sk8man

Gotta disagree.. i brought an older mid 80's   Merc 9.5 to them for a water pump.. Hour job maybe, no biggie right??.. $350  to install an impeller that cost them less than $20.. NEVER used them again, NEVER will, and I tell every person I can why .. bob

I don’t take my motors there that’s just where I get parts

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hello Sean:

Finger Lakes Boating Center down in Ithaca, NY are great people to deal with and put the customer first. I would give them a try if you don’t mind the drive. They have a store and can get or source any parts etc for you needs. There phone number is 607-272-9227 and they have a facebook, Instagram and website. Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United