Spring Trolling Advice Out Of Olcott

So I am planning to take of this coming week for our first spring trolling adventure for browns.  I heard the spring bite is hot this year and its something I have always wanted to try.  I have a 19ft Tracker with an electric and a 9.9 kicker.   I guess my questions are how concerned should I be with rocks in close 5 - 15ft near Olcott?  Also should I run  with my salmon setups with a lighter leader?  They are spooled with 25lb mono.  I was planning on pulling stick baits back about 120 and maybe one planer board,  Would the electric be best?  If so what speed?  Thanks is advance for any advice.

Been out about a dozen times already this year out of olcott and shallow water bite has been hot almost every trip. Avg between 30-75+ bites off the water by 1030 am most days. We usually quit when all 50 release clips make it to the boards but a couple days that happened by 830 so we brought em in and re set. Been fishing between hopkins and keg with a 6-8 rod spread, 6-10 fow doing well in every color water u could imagine except pure mud pockets and gin clear stretches. Lots of doubles, triples and a few quads with browns and cohos making up most of daily catch but lakers, kings, smallies, steelies a couple nice Atlantic's and even a pike mixed in. Top baits are jr. Thundersticks, rapala f9s, j9s, challengers and just about any shallow stick that looks fishy. They definitely key in on a particular action and color most days depending on current direction and water color so it pays to vary the spread. Good luck man, it's def hot out there right now.

Great thanks for the info.  How is the rocks situation?  Do I need to know the water well or be particularly cautious?

Stay away from inside of broken riff raff piers just east of harbor piers and you'll be fine with rocks if u stay deeper than 6 fow between hopkins and keg. I'd use your 9.9 kicker and your electric just to steer if it's bow mount anyway. Target speeds for us out there are 2.2-2.8 depending on current direction.

Stay away from inside of broken riff raff piers just east of harbor piers and you'll be fine with rocks if u stay deeper than 6 fow between hopkins and keg. I'd use your 9.9 kicker and your electric just to steer if it's bow mount anyway. Target speeds for us out there are 2.2-2.8 depending on current direction.