Got it done on day three

After passing on a couple shots that were just a bit to long on the first two mornings I finally had it happen today. I set up where I had seen birds yesterday but they gobbled about a quarter mile away so I moved to a pop-up I had across the field from them. They answered my calls but flew down and were on the other side of a creek. Even though they answered my call they worked away from me so I decided to head to a different blind I had set up yesterday, right where I had an encounter with birds opening day.. I set up two hen decoys and a strrutting Tom and sat and called for about an hour and a half, Around 9:00 I was talking on my cell when I saw a struuting Tom step through a hedgerow into the field about 200 yards out. He was alone and gobbling at my calls so I thought things were looking good. Then I saw a hen a few hundred yards away crossing the field  He seemed to loose interest and looked toward the hen but fortunately she passed through the hedgerow and he refocused on my decoys. After about a 15 minute standoff I decided to let the decoys do their job and I shutup. Good discision! He started working his way in and never stopped till I pulled the trigger at 22 yards. He was about 6 yards from my strutting Tom when I shot and the Winchester Longbeards certainly did the job.

post-144887-0-51127200-1399135875_thumb.jpg

post-144887-0-82199900-1399136000_thumb.jpg

Nice Kev.  Went out with my buddy & his wife this morning.  Set her up out front & stuck my Dave Smith Decoy right in the logging road.  It took a while but eventually here come 3 big toms right down the road focused on the decoy with one in strut.  She pulls the trigger at 15 yards & misses.