Mexico Bay 5/3 - anyone get any?

Had a buddy out this morning with a morning charter that boated over 20 east of the little river. Find the warm

Water, and don't be afraid to change up from sticks. Put your spoons on the boards with a shot or core. Good Luck

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Did over 20 out of the drift boat yesterday they were concentrated in a couple areas to the north east sticks early spoons after 8 hot speed yesterday 2.8 to 3.0

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm sure someone had a decent day. There must of been 30 boats out there an never seen anyone hooked up.  Saw plenty of charters making there way to the laker grounds. Never saw a drift boat out there.

We took 20/3 yesterday, Sticks worked good, Then I found the ticket, Rigger down 12 back 80, That set up seemed to be steady,, Green alewife spoon did the hammering, Sticks in black/silver and Green/silver worked as well, Biggest fish was an Atlantic at 16# even, Smallest brown was 7# 12 oz. All fish were caught in the 25-28 ft depth. East of Little Salmon to catfish. Good luck guys

No luck on browns Sat. Trolled from little salmon west to nine mile and never saw a net rise . Son caught a 2-3 # smallmouth . Group of boats in front of plant so we switch gears out in deeper water to get son realing some fish and changed program to lakers. Got 1 on 300' copper with purple and black evil eye. One hard hit on copper bent spoon but no hook up. Remaining two came on riggers with cowbells and pink spin glows, son felt lucky with them and he was right. Finished day back in hunt for browns from little salmon on up to salmon results same as morning. On water from 8- 6:30. Had great day with my son and brother and boat ran great with all new upgrades done over winter. Can't get back up soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Our crew eeked out a couple browns near Big Salmon, 20fow off spoons...but overall tough fishing for us

Here's Rickski and his brown

post-151807-0-48144100-1399254851_thumb.jpg

Fish-on, we heard you on the VHF yesterday.....(along with all the Canada talk) :lol:

Friday we went 11 for 17 on browns Saturday we did 2 browns 4 smallies and a northern. We fished from the little salmon north to the south dune 5 to 10 ft of water.

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Tile Man, glad to hear your boat ran well!  Wondering if you had any banannas on board? Or was it the curse of the Dr. L.O.L. At least you had a good shake down, and your son looks like he had a ball!  Thats what its all about, See ya soon-  Kurt. 

Yup,, heard you too willy-c,, Don't know why we were picking up the Canadians, Could only understand part of what they were saying,, They were having a good day though.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

First full day in the bay.fished from catfish to the high rocks.caught a dozen or so browns,all small,3 steel head,small and one 13 lb king.carmel dolphin and a straight chrome spoons on riggers and fire tiger,gold/black,and silver/black sticks on boards.speed was 2.5-3.0.10-20 ft water.be back at it tomorrow.

Not as god as yesterday,5 browns,1 laker,1 smallmouth,and one rainbow.cattfish to high rocks.lasker we caught between high rocks and stacks.riggers never moved.all fish came on sticks.silver/black,gold/black.slowed down a bit on speed,around 2.0.48/49 degree water.couldn't find colored water like yesterday.tried 10-30 ft of water.back at it tomorrow.

we fished the same depths 4 weeks ago,,  water temp. and color didn't matter,, we found the bait out in the 20-28 ft . range.  colder clear water and that's where we caught all our fish, No cookie cutters, All browns with good size to them,, We went back up this past Saturday and set up on our same gps headings,  Fish were still there, Just scattered out,,   All fish were released back, including a real nice Atlantic.     Think your right Adk 1

Edited by fish-on