scotty tournament

No passport needed Bob. Just a Driver's license and birth certificate...you were born, weren't you?

Just a little reminder I forgot to mention when we spoke the other day...make sure you or any of your crew does not have a DUI or any other criminal activity on your records. The Canucks will run all your ID's and if you show up as a "Yankee Criminal" you will be swiftly deported. And THAT is no joke!

Give me a call if you have any other questions.

Paul

Jimski, I was told by US Customs that a passport is not needed until June of 2009. A photo DL and Birth Certificate is all that is needed. If you've heard differently, where did that info come from? I really don't want to see my crew get stuck in Canada---well...maybe a couple of 'em.

Why wouldn't they let a DUI offender into Canada? Its not like an armed robbery or murder or something like that???

Is there any way to check this stuff out ahead of time? Don't want to get up there with a crew and have one of us left at the border and short for the tourney.

BTW...

The Scotty site is up and running again but still has the '07 rules on it?????

1st offence whether it be a DWI / DUI in NYS is classed as a misdemeanor unless there are other charges with it. If it happens again within 10 years then it turns into a felony but Canada doesn't look at it that way i guess as Warning said above. Do a google search on it and you'll see the info.

Motoman, the last time i looked the price has increased. and has gotten more difficult to get:

Thinking about traveling to Canada? You'd better reconsider if you have been convicted of DWI or DUI (Driving While Impaired or Driving Under the Influence) within the last ten years. Driving while under the influence of alcohol is regarded as an extremely serious offence in Canada. Persons convicted of either DUI or DWI are considered inadmissible to Canada; however, border officials may have some discretion.

Across Canada, impaired driving is driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) above .08 or driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs. It is a serious offence to fail to give a breath sample when requested by police, with penalties the same as those for driving while impaired. And a first offense conviction of impaired driving results in a criminal record, a minimum $600 fine, and a driving prohibition for a minimum of one year.

Routine screening upon entry into Canada includes the question, “Have you ever been convicted of a crime?â€