We tried it and I had no complaints. We use 30 lb and had zero fleas with it....so that was a good point. As far as the color disappearing........I don't see that it really matters one way or another Salmon fishing. I use fluorocarbon leaders anyway, so it's not like I tie up to the red line.

Red line doesn't disappear after 15' underwater. It probobly turns black but won't disappear. That's one of the biggest hoax's out there. I won a bulk spool of 14# cajun in the pro-am and used it as cheater line and 4 rigger rods. Didn't have a problem w/ the rigger rods but I had 2 cheaters break. Who knows.

Clark raises a good point......it's dark red and can be very hard to see when netting a fish. I'd have to agree with that.

For durability, we only had one break off the entire season using it last year and it wasn't the line's fault. There was a mild tangle deep in the spool and the fish was burning line so fast it snapped when it hit the tangle....but any line would have done that. We encountered no knot problems either. I can only speak for the 30 lb test.

I'm kinda indifferent on the stuff myself. I'm certainly not in love with it but It never let us down either, so I'd have to give it a thumbs up except for the low vis issues.

Scott's right. Black is that absence of all color. If the only color is red, it will gray out the deeper you go, as the frequency of the light that illuminates red fails to penetrate. After about 15', it will turn black; not necessarily a bad color for fishing, but certainly not clear or invisible.

-Steve D

Hmmm, this is all good information to know. I was going to try some of the Cajun Red line because it claims to disappear underwater. Maybe I'll just stick with my current Ande pink, like Musky mentioned.

It is the ONLY mono that I will fish with period. I use it for filling the linecounters. I use it for all my jiggin rods when Im not using braid. It has nothing to do with the price at all. I wouldnt put a stren or trilene line on my reels if you gave it to me. This stuff is great.

It is the ONLY mono that I will fish with period. I use it for filling the linecounters. I use it for all my jiggin rods when Im not using braid. It has nothing to do with the price at all. I wouldnt put a stren or trilene line on my reels if you gave it to me. This stuff is great.

Which one, Cajun or Ande?