Redoing the back of the boat. I've been running older Cannon Mag 10's without too much trouble but there getting old and starting to split. I've been thinking about going with Scotty's.

What are the Pro's and Cons for both Cannon and Scotty's and what's your choice?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I like the vertical spools on the Cannons.  My buddy had Scottys, and on more than one occasion the wire on their horizontal spools slipped and got tangled up in the mount.  What a pain in the ass.  I find the vertical spools on the Cannons to be more sturdy, efficient, and robust.  Better angles.  Less stress on the mounts.

Ditto. I think the Scotty's are much clumsier to operate than Cannons but on the other hand a lot of folks have them and love them.....guess it is also what you become used to.

Been running Scotties for 5 years never a problem. Lift 15lb torpedos all day long very quickly. I do believe it is personal preference. Many people like Cannon and many like Scotties. I like the the tilt up feature on the Scotties.

I run the new Cannon Mag 10 STX's on both my boats and love em. I like that Cannon is made in USA - Scotty isn't. Some may not care but I'm always interested in going USA whenever possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have owned Bigjons (Captn's packs & Brute ES's),Cannons & now run four Traxtech riggers which are by far the best I have ever owned. Can't say enough about the soft start & stop! Jig mode has also accounted for several triples & many doubles on Walleye's. Traxtech riggers are also made in the USA.

Edited by Iceman

Had old cannon Mag 10a's years ago, they were ok.  I've been running Scottys since 2003 and couldn't be happier with them.  1116's first, now 2116's.  Absolutely bulletproof and trouble free.  I've fished the newer cannons on other peoples boats and, quite honestly, I'll keep my Scottys, thanks.

jigstick, I don't know what your buddy was doing wrong to have those problems with his Scottys, I've never seen anything like that. 

Tim