Returning to lake Ontario

Hello everyone, My name is Jim, and am new to the forum.  It's been a long time since I fished the BIG lake. However I'm going back up the weekend of the 17to 18 to try for browns, with my son. Have a 16 ft Starweld with downriggers and planer boards. I do realize that the wind will play a very critical role in even getting on the water. We will be fishing in the Port Ontario area, probably near the Salmon river. Years ago used to fish a lot up there, when I had a 25 ft Sportcraft docked at Mikes on the Little Salmon. Now I'm gonna have to learn all over because it's been so long. If anyone has had recent experience fishing that area, I would be very curious. Also any and all advice is welcome.

Thanks

Jim

Sorry, I do not have any up to date infor for you. But, I would like to welcome you back to the lake and to the site. We have a lot of great guys here and I am sure some one has been out in that area.

Again welcome aboard.

Richard, Thanks for the welcome. I'm quite sure someone here will help out. Been about 15 years since I fished The BIG "O" :) ; And this is going to be special for me as my son recently returned from Afghanistan. He is stationed at Drum and will be our first time on the lake together in over 22 years. We are celebrating the completion of his third tour in the middle east. Just hope the weather is fair.

Jim