extra large cowbells

I am looking for a source for magnum blades to make some cowbells. I have seen some pictures of some on this site and am wondering if anyone can point me to a manufacturer or online store that sells them.  I have found the hammerhead site, are there any others.

IMG_1991.jpg

Are these hammehead??

Does anyone have the size in inches that correspond to the blade sizes.  I assume the #5 is big but it doesn't say how big.

FWIW, #5 Cowbells really throw out some drag.  I dont like them.  #4 is the biggest I go.  I dont really think the lakers care weather its a #5 or #4. 

• 2 weeks later...

i used to fish large size cowbells years and years ago, but never liked the amount of drag they put on the line , over time I began searching for a better solution and for a couple of years used the Panther Martin attractors, they worked even better than the large cowbells and caught even more fish.

Then I came across the "grease traps" sold by Big Weenie Brand and they outperform even the Panther Martin attractors. If your after lake trout these things are incredible. Fish them with a Plazma spoon or a Spin n Glo and they outperform any other rig I ever tried for lake trout. I target lake trout a lot , the grease traps are lake trout killers. They are not cheap, but they work very very well.

So you guys know I am fishing the west side of lake michigan. I curently run grease traps and smaller cow bell trolls, however I have seen some of the picture of trout and those giant bells and want to have every option available. Plus no one I know over here has a set. Please post more or if anyone wants to share techniques feel free to message me. We fish almost exclusivly flasher flies here.

Here is a couple of pigs caught the last couple years.  I will let the pictures do the talking.  I only run #5 Hammer Head Cowbells.  I have #4's but they rarely do better than the #5's. 

debrylaker1_zps6c247819.jpg

IMG956378-1.jpg

100_0340-1.jpg

LOCLakeTroutWinningFish-LargePhoto.jpg

Edited by GAMBLER