Best Trolling Motor with i-Pilot?

Real flat that day Justin and I had Carol do all the reading.....LOL....we started out with the just point in a direction we wanted to go in ..... then I set lines with out either of us making any adjustment just let it do it....... then turn that off and used it to steer  boat with remote..... then I took remote and pushed a few buttons ........ took Carol 5 to 10 minute to figure out what I messed up....... got thing back and made a try at speed control , set kicker at idle and increased prop speed with remote to Terrova..... seemed OK but that's when the Dragonfly messed up on bottom reading so didn't use the Terrova after that......not sure how good it will be in real ruff water because with me in the back of the boat it came up enough that the prop was some out of the water....... I dropped it all the way down to the 60" and we all went to the back of the boat and it was OK but the lake was flat so..........

I use the "steer the boat with the remote" technique the most by far. My 60" just stays in with 2 guys in the back, but major diff in boat! Lol. Keep at it I think you will just love it!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Anyone on how easy it is to disconnect the I pilot and use the foot peddle on the v2 series?

i would just get the regular trolling motoe , either the power drive or the terrova  without the ipilot....if thats the case

i would just get the regular trolling motoe , either the power drive or the terrova without the ipilot....if thats the case

I got a good deal on a barely used power drive with the I pilot already on it. Most cases I see myself using the I pilot but I can see a few times where I would want the peddle. It doesn't look like to much of a pain to switch to the foot peddle. If I had 1600 to spend I would have just went with the terrova but I couldn't unfortunately.

can anyone tell me (as Phisherman585 also asked) how difficult/time consuming it is to switch from ipilot to the foot peddle on a powerdrive?  (as someone who jigs for lakers and bass fishes, i know i will not want to use only the ipilot)

thanks very much,

andre

can anyone tell me (as Phisherman585 also asked) how difficult/time consuming it is to switch from ipilot to the foot peddle on a powerdrive?  (as someone who jigs for lakers and bass fishes, i know i will not want to use only the ipilot)

thanks very much,

andre

I'm not a 100% on this but pretty sure , my foot peddle is stored in a compartment in the front of the boat. All I should have to do would be open that up plug it in the base of the terrova , turn off ( this I'm not 100% on this part ) the remote and use it..............

Edited by ERABBIT

I'm not a 100% on this but pretty sure , my foot peddle is stored in a compartment in the front of the boat. All I should have to do would be open that up plug it in the base of the terrova , turn off ( this I'm not 1005 on ) the remote and use it..............

Only terrova allows this. The other models don't allow you to use both at the same time.

I just put a Terrova 112 with iPilot Link and a Humminbird 999 on my Lund Baron.  We should have the boat in the water in a week or so and I'll be sure to post how we like it and how we've been using  it.  I'm pretty excited to use it after reading all about how much you guys like your iPilots!

unboxing_zps4dc28692.jpg

mounting_zps3ca3dad5.jpg

prop_zpsbd4046e9.jpg

999_zps02621918.jpg