kicker bracket

tlr426

Hi all I just had my boat delivered and it had a kicker bracket installed. In the directions it says not to trailer the boat with the motor on the bracket....well they did and I am wondering is this going to have caused any real damage? or is this just to cover the maucfatures butt if the motor fell off?

If your not suppose to trailer with the motor on it I would be real nervous bouncing around in 4'ers on the lake with it.   

Not quite the same idea. Your transom seldom comes out of the water and on most boats never does.  With that being said hitting bumps in the road is enough to bounce the boat on the bunks and is a lot more jarring than any waves you could hit in your boat.

I have a panther bracket built for a larger kicker and it says the same thing.  I would guess that the jarring force of driving down the road could shear/fatigue the bolts that hold it to the transom.  I would highly recommend adding a safety tie of some sort.

Edited by Chas0218

I leave mine on sometimes when trailering from the launch to my father-in-laws.  It is only about 1/2 mile and no faster than 15 mph so I don't see it being an issue. Any distance over that I would be pulling it.

Edited by Chas0218

Several friends & i have been hauling our boats around on Michigan Rough roads for years & never had a single problem. Even my buudy had an Islander with a rotted transom with countless miles with no issues. So with that being said I would not be afraid for a second. I have seen more than one kicker motor fall off on the lake from not being directly bolted on to mount & drug by battery cables..  OUCH !!!