Hemlock Lake puzzle

OK so I've fished this lake for years, every season including ice. I even caught a 10 pound walleye there in 2008 (wtf??) However I have had many tough days there (including today). I pulled dipseys with flasher / fly from 10 ft to 30 fow. Bounced riggers off bottom in 70 fow. Also up top100' back down 5'. Pulled stick baits (Rapalas in orange / gold and flo. yellow). I pulled lead core w/ Sutton's (3 color and 10 color). I jigged with white plastics. I casted football head jigs w/ tube bait into shore and bounced bottom to 20 ft. You get the point - I threw about the whole tackle box at the lake and not one bite?? I am a lifetime fisherman and can get it done just about anywhere but both Hemlock and Canadice consistently leave me scratching my head. Any help greatly appreciated!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I agree. I have fished Hemlock quite a bit and I find it is a difficult lake to get fish out of. However, there are very good size fish, if you catch the sight of many of them as they surface. Not sure why so difficult unless the bait fish are so plentiful.

Do like did just quite fishing there. I've trolled days and days for nothing. Poor stocking.no catch and release program. You can't keep taking out and not put back.but if your a carp fisherman the lake is over run with um

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That sounds like one of my trips :) ..I have 25+ years on Hemlock....It was Great on the late 80's.They were stocking Atlantics and tons of browns..Fishing was good pulling 3 leader seth green side pole and float rig...I recall it was best may/june.....one the water gets warm,..the thermocline is very tight and the fish are in a tight window of water,..thus old seth to the rescue.!

Bad to the skunk,...early like now,,,it runs hot and cold....good day bad day.....I believe a good week of warm weather to help set up the thermocline puts the fish in a feed mode,,and they will seek either bottom(lakers) or 25-40 seems to be a fav depth ...Much deeper and the lack suffers from lack of oxygen,..so the experts say..

Not sure if this helps,,,one thing for sure...the boat ride is always a Good one.!Love the scenery!

Tight Lines.!

ps if you goto DEC website,..find Biologist report for current stocking#s on Canadice and Hemlock..(all the other Lakes too!)

Ahh the yearly Hemlock head scratcher post. Can be a tough cookie to figure. On and off is Hemlock n Canadice. There are plenty of Hemlock regulars reading this say in oh yeah thats Hemlock.

There is no standard there they will tell you. I have heard its much better at night for the biggest fish just be careful . Something I never hear about the 2 lakes. 90 feet deep is it. Its not a deep lake like Cayuga or Seneca... easier to spook fish...narrow to. So you get alot of boats out there dragging junk around well fish scatter.

I always had best luck very early and at midday in the 60-70 foot range for trout.

If I get a motor that runs on my 14 footer I would love to post on Hemlock findings..

yes Rainbow kid can't beat the scenery!!! And no water skiers or bass rigs buzzing you