Seneca 5/8/2014 shake down

I think that skunk is a sign of good luck to come Ed! Kinda like rain on the wedding day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

How was Kinger ? :smirk: 

He got in the boat a lot better than the first time, darn near went in the drink thro !!!!  I got to get some thing for him to lay on he was COLD and shivering..... poor guy....... 

I was not marking much apb , I only ran the two new riggers to get a feel for them have not put the thrid or 4th on if I do think it will be just three.......never marked any bait ..... going to have to make a big move next time out !!!!

He got in the boat a lot better than the first time, darn near went in the drink thro !!!!  I got to get some thing for him to lay on he was COLD and shivering..... poor guy....... 

He may have been scared of your driving ED :lol:  Give him a martini before going out again....

attachicon.gifBeagle.jpgGlad to hear the boat is wet! Gonna have to get Kinger some cold weather gear!

REELY wet last night didn't know that nasty storm was coming thru.....Carol and I took a ride today about 15 miles down the east side then over to the west side back.....water temps from 39 , 42 , 45 , 50 , and a small section with 55* ..... boats cover now but will be ready to un-cover after this front goes thru.............

It was 43 to 47 west side came back over on the east and north and in the 50 , just not marking any thing Nick..... got to be around must be bunched up and I'm missing the mother load !!!

Once the temps get into the 50 ish range in close the bait should move into there. If you find the bait out deeper that is where the lakers will be (i.e. near the bait...it can all happen nearly overnight some years and the shallows will be "alive" with sawbellies.

I had some small bait pods on the west side in less than 20' of water but that was using the Dragonfly ..... I thought that would be a great unit early season in shallow but it goes wacky in 15 to 19 feet of water. It locks on and even tho you are going deeper it still tells you it's shallow so most of my my looking for marks was with that. I can't run the HB at the same time because the Dragonfly transducer signal is so strong it wacks the HB reading way out , just the bottom read out the rest seemed fine..... I found that 50* water the other day but it got pushed out of that area with the winds....  but that's the way it is early on till it warms up more like you said Les.....

• 2 weeks later...