new to trolling setting up boat

What is your budget for the GPS and sonar?

was looking for even used as cheap as I can get one don't have much to spend on one right now found a lowrance mark-4 finder/chartplotter combo for $180 but not sure about the reliability

Edited by cpate1

You could use a smartphone or tablet for navigation. Navionics has a great app that goes for 10-15 bux. Works very well, and if you already have a smartphone, cheap. Then you can look at an inexpensive and simple fishfinder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Check on some refurbished electronics. Turtle marine I believe has a lot of refurbished models from all kinds of manufacturers. Fact is I have one from Raymarine. Works fine and though it is a discontinued model, it was about one quarter the price of new on the shelf.

cent frum my notso smart fone

You can get the Lowrance X4 for $80.00 or the X4 pro for $100. They will show you fish and surface temp but no gps. I used the X4 pro my first year and my band help gps for navigation. Fortunately I know a guy who sold his boat and gave me his Lowrance LCX27C (Now it is the GEN7) so I have both, but I would be still using the X4 pro had that not happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Lake Ontario United mobile app