Liquid wash and wax/ plastic window cleaners

I'll be getting ready to put my boat in for the season but prior to that I usually wash and wax her with a buffer etc. The boat's maroon and is easily oxidized and ends up looking almost pink by the time I pull her at the end if the season. I'm looking in the Overton's catalog and see a few different wash and wax liquids. They aren't cheap but wondering if they are worth just using that instead of the two step process like I usually do. Has anyone used these before with good results? Also what do you use to get you plastic windows clean . My boat is 27 years old and they may very will be the original windows so I'm not looking for miracles, just trying to take some of that haze out of them. As always your feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

For your plastic windows, use Plexus Spray and a microfiber towel.  For cleaning the boat, I use "On and Off".  Its caustic, so keep it away from rubrail and aluminum.  After that, i use a variable speed buffer with 3M Finesse It 2 followed by some Collinte Fleet paste wax.  That should have you looking sharp the entire season.

Thanks for the advice. In regards to the pledge will that remove the cloudiness since they probably haven't been treated with anything in years or was a preventive maintenance thing?

The cloudiness or yellowing on plastic windows is often related to ultraviolet light exposure over time and from what I have seen once it is at  that stage it is "permanent" (I'm assuming that condition is what you are referring to)

I was considering maybe getting a new canvas top for it next year and it's not like I really need to see to clearly out of the side curtains . Thanks again for the advice. I'm looking forward to cleaning her and and getting it in the water for the season.

• 4 months later...