Set up and running spoons and sticks inside of 10FOW before 6:30  Got a good rip right of the bat but missed it. Boated 4 cookie cutters and a 11# brown all before 9:00 A.M. on everything from a orange/pink DW to a black and white flat-rap.  Tried for the life of me to move another rod in anywhere from 5FOW to 50 FOW  but couldn't get another hit. Came off the water at 11. T-Storms never moved in and it turned out to be a beautiful day :)

Woody, that sounds like a pretty good brown. Nice goin. My son and I are headed up next weekend, probably launch from Reiters and fish just off the pond. Glad to hear their still shallow. Jim

Too many more days like today and they might move out.. Saw a few guys out deep already. The other interesting thing I saw today was alewives spawning in the channel.. I tried to pattern after that but the fish didn't seem to care about color today haha

Woody, Much appreciate the update!!! If they are gorging that much, might explain limited success. However you definitely did take a very respectable brown. My son and I are going up weekend of 17 to 18 staying at Rainbow shores in a cabin. If ya sniff out any info between now and then, I'd be all ears. Keep in touch!

Jim

Nice going Dave! Interesting report too. I can't wait to get after the salmon up that way later on but preoccupied with the Fingers right now and the Seneca Derby in particular. Keep after them and best of luck to you.  Let me know when you fish down this way and maybe we can give it a try out here like last time with the rigs :)  Les

Jim if im out again ill put up another report on here. I typically throw something up quick no matter where I go. Gambler was out the same day I was and had a lot more luck, but he trolled a couple miles down the shoreline out of sandy which may have been the trick that day, I just didn't have the time. Les thatd be great to get out with you again this year, keep in touch. That rig you started me with worked fantastic by the way.

Edited by WoodyBoater