2014 WHI results?

Of the seventy-three boats entered, twenty-five brought in fish to the weigh station. 

Definitely a tough day on the water.  Most boats were in search mode the whole morning!  There were a lot of fish caught, but they were the wrong ones.

Some Kings at 30 mile point...that's where 1,2,3, & 22nd place finishers got there's. Tough bite, and early bite...we were 1/2 in the first 45 minutes of fishing...of course the second bite was a bigger King, and it was the one that came unbuttoned. Half core with Purple Tuxedo Mich Stinger Stingray did both bites over 37 fow

It was a tough bite, we were grinding it out all week. The good water kept moving around and then disappeared on game day.  Team effort and sticking to a game plan paid off. We did not think only 3 fish would win, but we will take it :) Congratulations to all the other teams that placed. 

GREAT tourney. THANKS to Kevin and everyone else who was involved in making this a top notch tournement. It was the first WHI I fished and plan on being back for many more. Congrats to everyone who did well. It DEF was a tough bite

Wow was it tough out there -- all week!

I still can't believe we took 5th place with one king and two little cohos.

We also found our fish East -- we went a couple miles past Golden Hills.  A lot of boats stopped at the Lighthouse, but we wanted to get past all the boat wakes and noise.  There was some 46 degree water tucked into a couple of the coves.

We took our king on a Bobby Fuller Finger Lakes Tackle regular size spoon off the rigger 50 back and 7 down over 24 feet of water.

Many thanks to Kevin, Penny and all the great folks who hosted the event!!!

JAM

Edited by Jammer

Never worked so hard or been so proud of one 10 lb. king on game day

onefish_zpsc152b404.jpg

Ran 250 miles over 6 days, burned much fuel, had a lot of fun, cant wait to do it again

Took home 2k in mostly cash and some prizes, a memorable weekend for sure, time to lick our wounds and repair our boats and get ready for the next event

Get this statistic: 73 teams and about 50 tourney legal fish landed by about 1/3 of the pack

Tom

Edited by A-TOM-MIK

Yes, it definitely was a well run and an exciting event! Met many new people and everyone was good spirited and friendly. Very professional group of people, both the participants and the organizers. I'm looking forward to the next event!

If someone had a coffee stand open the morning of the Invitational, you could have made some decent money! I was lucky enough to be next to a boat that had a coffee maker aboard and they were kind enough to offer me a cup. Thanks! 

Does any one know when whats being filmed is supposed to start airing? I'm sure it's probably not any time soon, but wondered if their was any scheduled date yet.

Yes, it definitely was a well run and an exciting event! Met many new people and everyone was good spirited and friendly. Very professional group of people, both the participants and the organizers. I'm looking forward to the next event!

If someone had a coffee stand open the morning of the Invitational, you could have made some decent money! I was lucky enough to be next to a boat that had a coffee maker aboard and they were kind enough to offer me a cup. Thanks! 

Does any one know when whats being filmed is supposed to start airing? I'm sure it's probably not any time soon, but wondered if their was any scheduled date yet.

We were told mid Summer or Fall. The catching wasn't too great, so I'm guessing there might be a lot of interviews and filler. We had them Friday and Saturday on board. I can guarantee you we got them some good footage on Friday. Saturday we put a lot of non-target species over the rail. Not sure about the other boats that had camera crews.