Sandy shakedown 5/7 and 5/9

5/7

Fished East of the creek and started the season off with a 19lb king letting out the 4th rod of the season.  I was just getting the release out to the board and the king almost ripped the rod out of my hand.  We did a coho minutes after and then things went quiet for hours.  Tons of bait screwed the bite up.  Did not have another release until we trolled back to the west of the creek.  We did a nice brown and lost 2 others before pulling the plug due to a building East wind. 

image_zps9010766e.jpg

5/9

Started West of the creek in 12 fow and pulled a king and a coho in front of the pump house.  Continued West to the nose pulling a mixed bag.  Ended the day with the Lake Ontario Grandslam.  6 kings 8 - 19lbs, 1 coho, 1 atlantic, 2 browns, 2 lakers and a steelhead.  Found the kings from 15 - 35 fow.  Firetiger sticks off the boards and Stinger Stingray NBK, Gator and Frog Circus Freak all took fish.  The water from the creek to the nose was 46 - 50 degrees.  Right at Devils Nose, there was a big break.  The water went from 48 - 43 degrees.  There was nothing West of the break. 

image_zps6a4989e1.jpg

Edited by GAMBLER

Great fishing Brian! I had a feeling when we were on the west side of Devils Nose we should try around the other side but that color in eagle Harbor had us in a trance and went back to sample it again. ..Mark

cent frum my notso smart fone